Squad v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Squad v Salford

Post by moto748 »

I think Hastings has been so immense for Wigan this season, that it almost seems churlish to criticise him for any errors.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:28 am I think Hastings has been so immense for Wigan this season, that it almost seems churlish to criticise him for any errors.
Agreed, he’s also playing in a new position, with a below par team with poor management. His potential is unlimited IMO.

Only criticism is trying too hard and doing too much but that’s a consequence of our situation.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Didnt watch the match but IF field gets fit idelike to see him fullback with zak centre….. not saying field is better than zak but lets have a look at him in both positions and see where hes most comfortable……. We are defo weak in the centres and thats why ide put zak there…… obviously field wont be fullback next year when bevans back…… i just keep thinking KPP would go better at centre than willie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After last night I do hope Zac stays at least until the end of the season.
When he came on at full back with Jacko into the halves it transformed the whole team.
The first half was abysmal yet they looked a different team in the 2nd half.

As for Hastings, how we replace him I've no idea. His wholehearted performances each game with his level of skill will be very difficult to replace.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:05 am After last night I do hope Zac stays at least until the end of the season.
When he came on at full back with Jacko into the halves it transformed the whole team.
The first half was abysmal yet they looked a different team in the 2nd half.

As for Hastings, how we replace him I've no idea. His wholehearted performances each game with his level of skill will be very difficult to replace.
Hopefully not with Gale :)

It's more we need to change the way we play once Hastings goes.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Field is not big enough to play full back. The only position for him as got to be in the halves. We need to keep hold of Zac cannot afford to lose him and Hastings because we will struggle to replace Zac with a player of similar quality.

Our half backs are untested, no quality in the centres, one winger unproven at super league standard our back line for next season is fast becoming an area of concern.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:23 am Field is not big enough to play full back. The only position for him as got to be in the halves. We need to keep hold of Zac cannot afford to lose him and Hastings because we will struggle to replace Zac with a player of similar quality.

Our half backs are untested, no quality in the centres, one winger unproven at super league standard our back line for next season is fast becoming an area of concern.
i dont think size is the issue graham…… just look at james tedesco
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Looking at Jai last night, he really is slight for a RL player. His value to the team will be in his excellent pace and, so as long as he can regain that, he should be O.K. Physically he doesn't compare with Hastings, Tommy (or Williams) or even Tedesco. Tedesco is much more robust and very powerful for his size. I'm not saying that Jai wouldn't be useful at fullback but we don't need another fullback.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:26 am
Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:23 am Field is not big enough to play full back. The only position for him as got to be in the halves. We need to keep hold of Zac cannot afford to lose him and Hastings because we will struggle to replace Zac with a player of similar quality.

Have you seen James Tedesco in the flesh? He isn’t as small as you’re suggesting! In fact, if I remember correctly he’s similar in size to Zak 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:51 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:26 am

Have you seen James Tedesco in the flesh? He isn’t as small as you’re suggesting! In fact, if I remember correctly he’s similar in size to Zak 😊
Yeah firestarter not sure where your going with that.
Tedesco is reasonably stocky and solid