leeds blip or not

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
willie c

leeds blip or not

Post by willie c »

have the rhinos just hit a bad patch or has there bubble burst
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
mrs_carney

Re: leeds blip or not

Post by mrs_carney »

They've never been conquerors of the world, they won one grand final and one world club challenge and they got this world beaters label. Thing is Tony Smiths never had to re-shuffle his team because of injuries and it appears he cant cope with it. Whatever happens, they havent won the CC and if they don't win the grand final, then it'll prove they're nothing special. As it happens i think its a blip which has knocked their team confidence for six and they're paying for it.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
willie c

Post by willie c »

mrs_carney posted:
They've never been conquerors of the world, they won one grand final and one world club challenge and they got this world beaters label. Thing is Tony Smiths never had to re-shuffle his team because of injuries and it appears he cant cope with it. Whatever happens, they havent won the CC and if they don't win the grand final, then it'll prove they're nothing special. As it happens i think its a blip which has knocked their team confidence for six and they're paying for it.
i dont think tony smith is a good of a coach as most people make him out to be
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

willie c posted:
mrs_carney posted:
i dont think tony smith is a good of a coach as most people make him out to be
did he sign most of the players in the squad or did somebody else?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He inherited them like daniel anderson has at stains!
willie c

Post by willie c »

just go by his record at huddersfield
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

To be fair to Leeds they've been the best side last season and the majority of this. They're in a slump but it doesn't make them a bad side. They play some superb rugby, they're as fast as Saint Helens and usually well drilled. They are officially world conquerers MrsCarney, they beat the champions of NRL, the top side in the worlds two top leagues, you can't take that away from them!
willie c

Post by willie c »

robjoenz posted:
To be fair to Leeds they've been the best side last season and the majority of this. They're in a slump but it doesn't make them a bad side. They play some superb rugby, they're as fast as Saint Helens and usually well drilled. They are officially world conquerers MrsCarney, they beat the champions of NRL, the top side in the worlds two top leagues, you can't take that away from them!
hows it garn marra your jokeing my head man :lol: :lol:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

robjoenz posted:
No you cant take it away from them, but we once did that, saints and bradford have done it and none of them have been talked about like they're invincible and shouldn't lose a game.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mrs_carney posted:
No you cant take it away from them, but we once did that, saints and bradford have done it and none of them have been talked about like they're invincible and shouldn't lose a game.
Saints got snotted by Roosters 40-0 so you can hardly call them World Beaters. Bulls won before that and were labelled the worlds best for ages, especially after battering the Panthers. When they started to slide it was exactly the same as with Leeds now.

William, Smith did well with Huddersfield, he brought them into Super League and most of all kept them there and made the basis for the team that is now pushing top 6 and not being involved in a relegation battle.