Challenge Cup Final 2022

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Challenge cup final moves to may

Post by fozzieskem »

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/3 ... YE,19PQ4,1

And moves to spurs ground for a year too,good to have it back in the right month but it being on the 28th of may I presume the magic weekend has been moved as well?

And while I know it’s going back to Wembley in 2023 I’d leave it at Spurs ground it’s an impressive looking place better looking than Wembley dare I say
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Challenge cup final moves to may

Post by Mike »

Back to being a preseason comp then.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Great grandad Harry ball

Challenge Cup Final 2022

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Apparently is at Tottenham Hotspur's ground 28/5/22, and not Wembley.
Capacity 62000 or thereabouts.
southportcdm

Re: Challenge Cup Final 2022

Post by southportcdm »

Great looking stadium, I'd certaily fancy going. Are we likely to get there in the next couple of years?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:09 pm Great looking stadium, I'd certaily fancy going. Are we likely to get there in the next couple of years?
I’ve said the same to my wife I can’t stand Wembley I really can’t so may well go whoever is in the final
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Went to this stadium for an England v Australia game in the 4 Nations very nice ground & yes nicer than Wembley 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 pm Went to this stadium for an England v Australia game in the 4 Nations very nice ground & yes nicer than Wembley 😊
From what I’ve seen of it Josie it looks a lovely place I don’t understand why people are in thrall almost to the thought of Wembley,that new place is soulless to me and holds no magic whatsoever to it
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:00 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 pm Went to this stadium for an England v Australia game in the 4 Nations very nice ground & yes nicer than Wembley 😊
From what I’ve seen of it Josie it looks a lovely place I don’t understand why people are in thrall almost to the thought of Wembley,that new place is soulless to me and holds no magic whatsoever to it
It doesn’t to me either, when we went last time when Hull FC won it, the stadium & surrounding area is just awful! It is all built up & a concrete mess! The magic, sadly, has gone!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:28 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:00 pm
It doesn’t to me either, when we went last time when Hull FC won it, the stadium & surrounding area is just awful! It is all built up & a concrete mess! The magic, sadly, has gone!
its a mess….. it was raining in near us at the leeds final……. Lets make a roof that closes a bit( braindead)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I've only been to the new Wembley (2011, 2013 and 2017).

Must admit I think I've seen a decline in the attendance and atmosphere each time I've been.

Change of venue can't be a bad thing, especially with a smaller capacity. With a 65000 odd capacity, could see it sold out......which is definitely needed!