Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Barney841 »

The teams confidence is completely gone.
Lams clearly not the person to sort it. Get the feeling as well that the players have given up on him.
The only players who are giving there all are Hastings, Farrell and shorrocks. Credit to them, other players should hang there head in shame. Gilly can piss off to Australia now for me, don’t have back either when he comes back with his tail between his legs
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Bullock and Singleton were starting props last season with Bullock was our best forward against Saints took him off after 15 mins not even on the team sheet tonight .Clarke impressed in the few games he made a cameo Clubb rumours as it he had a fall out with Lam about game time. You cannot play kids as a full pack even if they are giving 100% our back row is lightweight we have no go forwards. Who is the backs coach he should be sacked we have never looked like a team that can penetrate a defense. A lot of this is Lam's making the spectators can see what is happening his team selection needs a lot to be desired playing players out of position as to discipline a lot of this is coming out of frustration. Do the honorable thing Lam and resign now IL have the balls to sack him. You cannot hide behind injuries all the time when you think about it we have only had 3 long term injuries French, Field and Gildart and the suspensions did not help. Losing French early doors showed that he was the difference last year papering over the cracks.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:41 am He's got to go after those two performances TBH. Leeds we're terrible but it's good enough against us. Bombed tries, we didn't have a sniff of a try to bomb.
I said this at the match last night, Leeds where poor and we couldn't get past them.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 am Bullock and Singleton were starting props last season with Bullock was our best forward against Saints took him off after 15 mins not even on the team sheet tonight .Clarke impressed in the few games he made a cameo Clubb rumours as it he had a fall out with Lam about game time. You cannot play kids as a full pack even if they are giving 100% our back row is lightweight we have no go forwards. Who is the backs coach he should be sacked we have never looked like a team that can penetrate a defense. A lot of this is Lam's making the spectators can see what is happening his team selection needs a lot to be desired playing players out of position as to discipline a lot of this is coming out of frustration. Do the honorable thing Lam and resign now IL have the balls to sack him. You cannot hide behind injuries all the time when you think about it we have only had 3 long term injuries French, Field and Gildart and the suspensions did not help. Losing French early doors showed that he was the difference last year papering over the cracks.
I agree with you on that. Don’t know why Lam doesn’t pick certain players.
If there’s something not right behind the scenes they should be shipped out
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i cant believe he didnt start with at least 3 of the 4 seasoned props following on from the battering last Friday

whilst the majority on here are happy to see the back of Clubb (gone on too long) & poss Clark (over hyped by Rads), having 3 of Singleton, Bullock, Clark or Clubb would have added much needed size and experience to that side as i posted after the Saints game

i couldnt believe when i saw the starting line up with only Singleton named. it is almost as though he is picking one of the 4 names out of a hat and then sticking them in the side, and to really add insult to injury giving them about 10 minutes each half.

You cant fault the effort for the majority of the players, but they are being badly let down by having no size, experience or leadership on the pitch. I couldnt see 1 player wanting to take control and lead that side again last night

Field looks to be injured still, lacking in confidence in his hamstring and very lightweight (think he is going to get battered weekly by the looks of it). He just looked reluctant to try and run at pace last night

Gildart, the less i say on him the better at the minute. Its a long time since i have felt that a player is only going through the motions because he doesnt want to get injured before going to Oz. I'd wouldnt play him again this season with his pick and choose when he plays attitude and no effort when he is on the pitch. i wouldnt offer him the get out clause of coming back to Wigan either as he has burnt his bridges imo. I have no issues with players wanting to better themselves in Oz, but at least show us the commitment whilst you are here as Hastings is doing now, and many others have done previously.

Zak just hasnt performed since his brainfart interview earlier this season where he hyped himself up and then hit self destruct. Shouldnt matter if hes not in his preferred position of FB, he should still put the effort in, and looked disinterested again last night

Bateman - not a clue what is wrong there, but not the same player that left Wigan 2 years ago or the one that has smashed it in Oz for 2 seasons

we seriously need some experience out on the park and ideally a leader, but looking at the current setup we dont seem to have one. what would we give right now for a SOL, Faz, Scully, Peacock type leader on the pitch
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Bateman is a weird one, I'd say he is suffering from Lams tactics we don't seem to spread the ball as much and Bateman ends up running into defenders than trying to get through a gap. Add the predictability of the attack means opposition teams are able to number up vs our "threat players"
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’d play Clark no matter what I think of him, he hasn’t done much worse than some other players when he has played. It also gives the younger and inexperienced players a rest.
I hope we don’t make the playoffs as for one I think we will get embarrassed and two these young lads need a good rest after the season they’ve just had with Lam.
And hopefully the next coach can build them back up again and manage the team properly
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:27 am Bateman is a weird one, I'd say he is suffering from Lams tactics we don't seem to spread the ball as much and Bateman ends up running into defenders than trying to get through a gap. Add the predictability of the attack means opposition teams are able to number up vs our "threat players"
yep, could be that, but for me he just doesnt seem to have that spark that we are used to. The get into their faces, niggle, absolute nightmare to tackle John Bateman. The guy that would love to stand up to Jamie Peacock et al, and love it, just doesnt seem to be with us at the minute
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:29 am I’d play Clark no matter what I think of him, he hasn’t done much worse than some other players when he has played. It also gives the younger and inexperienced players a rest.
I hope we don’t make the playoffs as for one I think we will get embarrassed and two these young lads need a good rest after the season they’ve just had with Lam.
And hopefully the next coach can build them back up again and manage the team properly
i've been saying we should be playing at least 3 of the seasoned props, if nothing else to give the younger lads time out of the firing line as they are going to be physically battered and mentally this cant be helping their developments as they know they arent playing well and the expectation from the stands can be felt
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

the sad thing is fans could see this from the the start of the season only a few were taken in by the winning start but most fans realised we were awful in those opening games too and just lucked our way into that winning streak.

I dont know how you save this team now its in free fall this is much worse situation that the Ian Millward reign at least we still scored points we are completely toothless ive never seen a team so poor in attack.

only 3 teams have scored less points than us this season and for 1 of those teams have played 2 games less and the other 2 have played 4 games less
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure