Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:00 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:42 pm He won’t go now - they would have to pay him out - we are out of the playoff race now for me - so there’s no “harm” for il to leave him in post till the end of his contract
We aren’t out of the race, not quite. And if IL and KR had anything about them they would do something. Money costing or not it’s embarrassing what we’ve become under Lam
How much money will keeping Lam cost us though, players want to leave fans are turned off, it could be more costly to keep him.
Well said
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:He won’t go now - they would have to pay him out - we are out of the playoff race now for me - so there’s no “harm” for il to leave him in post till the end of his contract
How much would it actually cost to pay him off now? He’s on a year by year rolling contract and there is not much of the season left.

That said if he sacked him tomorrow he’d just appoint Peet and nothing will change.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

That was shocking even by Lams low bar

He has to go,this now is about flogging next years season tickets the play offs are gone it’s wether Lenegan has the all’s to cut him loose
Alovepie

Post by Alovepie »

That was painful to watch I can understand why the fans are so frustrated. We’re like headless chickens no direction one up rugby awful..
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

I have just got back from that awful game.
Can anyone tell me where field, clubb, Clark were
Why was bullock only given 10 minutes
How bad has smithies,burn,shorrock and partington become under Lams management
Why is lam still in charge when he was only meant to be here for one season
Was there any bit of a game plan
What has happened to Bateman
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I can understand that Lenagan doesn't want to get a reputation for sacking coaches too quickly. I can also see that having to pay coaches off has cost the club dearly in the past. He may also claim that there's nobody suitable available for the moment so it's best to keep Lam until the end of the season. The question is how much worse will things get if Lam stays until the end of the year? I can't see things improving after tonight and Leeds should be Lam's last match if we lose. If it's true that Matty Peet is taking over next year he may as well start this week. Matty could then show the players how he wants them to play and decide who's up to the job. My biggest concern now is that it sounds like players (average ones at that) from other clubs don't want to sign for us and that's a terrible situation for a top club. This means that the 'Lam effect' will continue to haunt us even when he's left.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Lam out? yes, I'm afraid so.
On discipline alone or on professional standards of the coach and his players - we can't kick, tackle, pass or even play with enthusiasm.
A change now gives us a slight hope for this year and gives the new man a chance to bed in.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Yes. Preferably taking IL and KR with him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:I can understand that Lenagan doesn't want to get a reputation for sacking coaches too quickly. I can also see that having to pay coaches off has cost the club dearly in the past. He may also claim that there's nobody suitable available for the moment so it's best to keep Lam until the end of the season. The question is how much worse will things get if Lam stays until the end of the year? I can't see things improving after tonight and Leeds should be Lam's last match if we lose. If it's true that Matty Peet is taking over next year he may as well start this week. Matty could then show the players how he wants them to play and decide who's up to the job. My biggest concern now is that it sounds like players (average ones at that) from other clubs don't want to sign for us and that's a terrible situation for a top club. This means that the 'Lam effect' will continue to haunt us even when he's left.
Wigan’s reputation of sacking coaches too quickly has long gone and nothing Lam has done should make him immune from the boot.

If Peet is taking over it wouldn’t cost Lenagan any more to put Lam on “Gardening Leave” than keeping him as coach.

He can either pay Lam’s wage and let him keep coaching or he can pay it and tell him to stay at home letting Peet take over.

Either way Lam’s wage is dead money.

I think the entire world of RL must be wondering why Lam still has a job, hence the concerns you raise in the rest of your post.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm I can understand that Lenagan doesn't want to get a reputation for sacking coaches too quickly. I can also see that having to pay coaches off has cost the club dearly in the past. He may also claim that there's nobody suitable available for the moment so it's best to keep Lam until the end of the season. The question is how much worse will things get if Lam stays until the end of the year? I can't see things improving after tonight and Leeds should be Lam's last match if we lose. If it's true that Matty Peet is taking over next year he may as well start this week. Matty could then show the players how he wants them to play and decide who's up to the job. My biggest concern now is that it sounds like players (average ones at that) from other clubs don't want to sign for us and that's a terrible situation for a top club. This means that the 'Lam effect' will continue to haunt us even when he's left.
Peet is already coaching & selecting the teams to play! Feel sorry for Lam as he is getting all the flack atm when he is just the face at the front!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan