Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Lam Out!

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Can't see low crowd at retro prices. But I can see if Wigan lose against Leeds lam will go morning after. No small chance about it his position will be untenable and lenegan has to try to show he is still in control of things although he is clearly not. That's my take on things should be interesting couple of days.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 am There is a small chance, and I mean small, that Lam leaving at the end of the season will be announced before the weekend, This is being considered if we get Embarrassed off Leeds in front of a low crowd. Big wigs lost faith in him a few months ago, rumblings between the players that some have also lost faith in him. I cant however see him leaving the role before the end of the season, but stranger things have happened.
This to me sums Wigan up at the moment, totally disconnected from the fans, we were humiliated against our oldest rival last week. It’s one of the worst kept secrets in the town that Lams leaving, but if we get embarrassed again they may announce it? just announce it FFS

Wire announced Price was leaving at the start of the year. I don’t get all the cloak and dagger stuff, he’s seeing his contract out and it’s not being renewed, so where’s the drama? It may actually help the club more than hinder it as it may help lift the pressure that’s building due to some shocking performances and baffling team selections
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:52 am Can't see low crowd at retro prices. But I can see if Wigan lose against Leeds lam will go morning after. No small chance about it his position will be untenable and lenegan has to try to show he is still in control of things although he is clearly not. That's my take on things should be interesting couple of days.
I cant see a low crowd either, that's why a low crowd would be a factor because of the low price incentive. It would be concerning that even with the incentive fans weren't attending.

I haven't had a conversation about Lam leaving before the end of the season so its not something I could say they have or are talking about, I just personally cant see him going before his contract is up.

The only message I received was that it could be announced he is leaving (at the end of the season) before this weekend if those two factors I mentioned came into place.

Id be very shocked if he was sacked, but nothing can be ruled out I suppose.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Lazy J wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:56 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 am There is a small chance, and I mean small, that Lam leaving at the end of the season will be announced before the weekend, This is being considered if we get Embarrassed off Leeds in front of a low crowd. Big wigs lost faith in him a few months ago, rumblings between the players that some have also lost faith in him. I cant however see him leaving the role before the end of the season, but stranger things have happened.
This to me sums Wigan up at the moment, totally disconnected from the fans, we were humiliated against our oldest rival last week. It’s one of the worst kept secrets in the town that Lams leaving, but if we get embarrassed again they may announce it? just announce it FFS

Wire announced Price was leaving at the start of the year. I don’t get all the cloak and dagger stuff, he’s seeing his contract out and it’s not being renewed, so where’s the drama? It may actually help the club more than hinder it as it may help lift the pressure that’s building due to some shocking performances and baffling team selections
100% Agree, but like we all know, Wigan and announcements are strange. Isa, Bibby & Powell have all been resigned a while, Thornley has signed subject to a medical, but none of it has been announced. Its strange.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 am
Lazy J wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:56 am

100% Agree, but like we all know, Wigan and announcements are strange. Isa, Bibby & Powell have all been resigned a while, Thornley has signed subject to a medical, but none of it has been announced. Its strange.
I’ve always had the feeling Wigan announce things the way they do, think it’s exciting for the fans but it’s the opposite for me I find it abit cringy.
Thought it was awfully cringing the way we announced the return of Sam T
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:01 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:52 am Can't see low crowd at retro prices. But I can see if Wigan lose against Leeds lam will go morning after. No small chance about it his position will be untenable and lenegan has to try to show he is still in control of things although he is clearly not. That's my take on things should be interesting couple of days.
I cant see a low crowd either, that's why a low crowd would be a factor because of the low price incentive. It would be concerning that even with the incentive fans weren't attending.

I haven't had a conversation about Lam leaving before the end of the season so its not something I could say they have or are talking about, I just personally cant see him going before his contract is up.

The only message I received was that it could be announced he is leaving (at the end of the season) before this weekend if those two factors I mentioned came into place.

Dan My reasoning behind it is that gives the club a few games to put interim coach in charge results can't be any worse if they change can then say giving them chance without looking like taking cheap option. If they go to end of season then announce a coach from within club season tickets will plummet badly this is only my opinion.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm
DaveO wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:23 amCan you imagine if someone told you, you have no shot at a promotion because you've worked your way up and put the time in while being loyal to the company.
Promoting people because they have been with an organisation for years or just because they have been good at a number of different jobs working their way up is no reason to keep promoting people. That's how some people end up being promoted to their maximum level of incompetence (The Peter Principle).

Just because you have been a good youth coach or assistant (or a top player) it doesn't mean you can be a top head coach.

Sums up Wigan to a tee at the movement as a jobs for the boys attitude gives you the same result. The perfect example being Rads with his job.
How is Rads a perfect example? If you l
Look at wigans success while he's been in role it's looks like he's done well,

I'm not saying he has or hasn't only that ultimately his role has been to contribute to success at wigan and he has done.
I am surprised you have to ask. Top player but poor administrator. There are constant complaints about how the club is run and the recruitment and there is only him and IL sat at the top and only Rads making making announcements on signings or those leaving.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:49 am

Dan My reasoning behind it is that gives the club a few games to put interim coach in charge results can't be any worse if they change can then say giving them chance without looking like taking cheap option. If they go to end of season then announce a coach from within club season tickets will plummet badly this is only my opinion.
totally agree, I think he should be sacked immediately if we lose, as bad as it sounds we need to treat the rest of this season as an extended pre season with a new coach in my opinion. I've came to terms with the fact we aren't getting anywhere near the Grand Final. For the good of the future sacrificing this season wouldnt be the worst thing we've ever done, but Lenegan doesn't sack coaches.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:36 pm
East Stand Faithful wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:55 pm Dave o is spot on with that post. If you disagree you are a happy clapper for sure.
Just pointing out that Dave's argument seems to suggest that if you don't have experience in a job, but you do have relevant experience in other more junior roles, then you should not be given a chance to prove you are also able to perform well in the more senior role. How would anyone be promoted to anything in that circumstance. Its not a rugby thing, just an in general thing.
That's not what I meant at all. I am talking about people being promoted into jobs they are not suited for. I am sure as someone who works in IT you have seen excellent technical people "promoted" into project management roles and they are crap at it. It's the same thing at Wigan in my opinion.

There seems to be an assumption because a player has done a few coaching certificates he's going to be a good coach and should be given a coaching job automatically on retirement or if he's been an assistant or junior coach he can step up to a senior coaching role. It's too cosy and with the team looking like it's very poorly coached at the moment the assistants look to be part of the problem. Matty Peet's primary responsibility is defence which has gone out of the window so why should he be promoted to head coach? Because he's been at Wigan for years? That's the sort of mentality companies like BT had in the 80's.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:01 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:49 am

totally agree, I think he should be sacked immediately if we lose, as bad as it sounds we need to treat the rest of this season as an extended pre season with a new coach in my opinion. I've came to terms with the fact we aren't getting anywhere near the Grand Final. For the good of the future sacrificing this season wouldnt be the worst thing we've ever done, but Lenegan doesn't sack coaches.
Exactly what I’ve been saying