We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Sam would have made no difference ahead collectively we are not good enough.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im expecting tony clubb at centre on Wednesday due to willie being banned…… its the obvious choice as field fullback and zak centre would be far too simple
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Not sure how Powell would have made any difference, we couldn't get out of our own half the whole game, let alone get into their 20. And he's not quick enough to be such an influence to get us upfield, he'd just be yet another waste barging down the middle.
But that's the story of the season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:47 am Not sure how Powell would have made any difference, we couldn't get out of our own half the whole game, let alone get into their 20. And he's not quick enough to be such an influence to get us upfield, he'd just be yet another waste barging down the middle.
But that's the story of the season.
A good team would have put 50 on us tonight.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:50 am
A good team would have put 50 on us tonight.
I said elsewhere that Hull KR offered more of an attacking threat than Saints, but it was still plenty good enough.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Wes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:18 pm End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ridiculous statement.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Most pointless topic yet.
Powell does all his work in defence, he’s never influenced the go forward.
We are f**ked if anybody thinks Sam would of made any difference
Wes

Post by Wes »

He went off early doors last week, we lost! He didn’t play against Saints, we lost!

He may not have the attacking flair most on here crave but he tightens up the middle, defends extremely well and organises and talks to the players.

Everyone bangs on about how good Hastings is and how much well miss him yet he ain’t exactly changing games and winning games is he.

EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Wes wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:29 pm He went off early doors last week, we lost! He didn’t play against Saints, we lost!

He may not have the attacking flair most on here crave but he tightens up the middle, defends extremely well and organises and talks to the players.

Everyone bangs on about how good Hastings is and how much well miss him yet he ain’t exactly changing games and winning games is he.

Did you miss our mini resurgence after our losing streak where it was basically Hastings changing games and winning them? I mean if there is one player who is changing games and who is massively instrumental in the ones we have won it is Hastings. He is pretty much the only genuine quality we have in the team right now.

Besides, we lost to Hull KR and Saints with Powell in the team, so the fact we also lost to them without him proves nothing.

Powell is nowhere near as bad as some people make out but he's played most of our games this year and been in poor form (as have many others). It's a real stretch to suggest we missed him against Rovers and Saints when those games were basically the same thing we've served up all season regardless of who has played.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Missed Powell again, we’d have won with him in the side tonight. 3 games without him, 3 losses!!