Wigan squad to face Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by First Try Tickle »

I've heard Clubb has had a falling out with Lam, along with Clarke and Bullock who all say they should be playing.

Its funny but a starting front row of Bullock, Powell and Singleton, with Clarke and Clubb on the bench to rotate sound great and could provide a good base for the backs.

But what do I know.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bullock and Singleton's form towards the back end of the season was a key contributor to the late surge we made.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 pm I've heard Clubb has had a falling out with Lam, along with Clarke and Bullock who all say they should be playing.

Its funny but a starting front row of Bullock, Powell and Singleton, with Clarke and Clubb on the bench to rotate sound great and could provide a good base for the backs.

But what do I know.
that sort of backs up a response i got from Josie and them all wanting to play. It just makes no sense that we have 4 seasoned props and they arent playing. we are losing games and burning out our young players at the same time. whilst i dont think we would get all 4 playing at the same time, we should see minimum of 2, if not 3 every game with the young lads
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It's scary when you think We have 4 props who even if not the best should be rather fresh.

I really hope it isn't a falling out issue as if it is surely someone higher up should be stepping in.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 pm I've heard Clubb has had a falling out with Lam, along with Clarke and Bullock who all say they should be playing.

But what do I know.
Not that I’m doubting you, but we keep being told Lam isn’t picking the team so surely they’re falling out with the wrong person?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Shaun1967 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:48 pm

But what do I know.
Not that I’m doubting you, but we keep being told Lam isn’t picking the team so surely they’re falling out with the wrong person?
Harry Smith is the only player that Lams been told from above they want him to start every game, I think I posted about that when the rumours of lam not picking the team first popped up.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I have no inside information at all, merely reading posted comments here.

It's interesting the three players who have supposedly had conflict with Lam,

Bullock - Warrington bound?
Clubb - Retiring
Clark - Offered to clubs and constantly out of favour

Harmony within the whole squad seems to be filtering away week in week out of late, sadly!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

They have given Bateman a 1 match ban...... are they having an absolute laugh.

Atleast my anger at the match has been redirected.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Shaun1967 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:48 pm

But what do I know.
Harry Smith is the only player that Lams been told from above they want him to start every game, I think I posted about that when the rumours of lam not picking the team first popped up.
I really hope if Lam is removed this season, one day, he candidly reveals what his tenure was like under the constraints of the club leadership.

Whether is be Harry Smith or Darren Lockyer, how can any club dictate to your head coach who plays and who doesn't?

If this is common knowledge among players, surely this undermines Lams position?

It's going be fascinating if Peet takes over with a capital F!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:21 pm KPP looked completely done in Friday it’s time to rest him,so I’ll expect him to be the first name on the team sheet.

Given the grubby nature of Isa swinging arm into Welsby I’d be amazed if he gets away without a lengthy ban so no wonder he’s not named
He was completely “done” at HKR poor lad!

KPP, as well as the others need a rest or if necessary play one or two off the bench for the next few matches
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan