The Ashes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

The Ashes

Post by 100% Warrior »

:D Congratulations to the England Cricket team on their victory in the Ashes test series yesterday. It's good to see England finally beat the Aussies.

Whilst watching the closing stages on TV I thought Mick Cassidy was playing for England until I realised it was Matthew Hoggard. Don't they look quite similar. :lol:

Let's just hope the Kangaroos don't take it out on us to repair damaged Aussie pride in the Tri Nations. :omg:
Fraggle

Re: The Ashes

Post by Fraggle »

100% Warrior posted:
Let's just hope the Kangaroos don't take it out on us to repair damaged Aussie pride in the Tri Nations. :omg:
I was just reading an article on the SportingLife website (http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... olumn.html) on this topic, and noticed the writer's selection for the GB 17 this autumn:-
Ian Laybourn wrote:-
Wellens; Pryce, Gleeson, Senior, Carney; Sinfield, McGuire; Bailey, Cunningham, Fielden, Morley, Peacock, Ellis. Subs: Horne, Thackray, Higham, Crabtree.
If this turns out to be true, the only Wigan representation would be from the departed Brian Carney. With the departure of Farrell, injuries to Rads, Newton, Wild and others, and lack of form of Brown and Orr, there's nobody left from Wigan who's good enough for GB. When was the last time we had a GB team with no-one from the Cherry and White in the ranks?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Hear hear. It was a great series, brilliant to watch, sadly the chances of us keeping the run going with a Tri Nations win are to say the least, unlikely.
superleague

Post by superleague »

what fraggle has posted is very desturbing that we dont hav any great britain representatives it just show how bad of a season we hav had wiv injuries and underpreforming players.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle, I can't believe Estyn (sp) Harris hasn't made that guy's squad. He's playing superbly at the moment and would start for me.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

superleague posted:
what fraggle has posted is very desturbing that we dont hav any great britain representatives it just show how bad of a season we hav had wiv injuries and underpreforming players.
Are you surprised?

Every member of the squad is crocked or crap.

More of the latter I feel.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle, I can't believe Estyn (sp) Harris hasn't made that guy's squad. He's playing superbly at the moment and would start for me.
I wouldn't pick Spotty Harris for a join-the-dots kiddies' drawing competition, but I've got to admit he's playing better than Mcguire at the moment.

The list is just Laybourn's own views, but he's the main journo at Sporting Life so will at least think he knows what he's talking about.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Rugby Unions done it, now the cricketers even the Ryder Cup team suceeded against all the odds. Lets hope we can continue the good work and lift our own "Ashes" come the Tri-Nations.

We could have an open trolley bus ride through Ince. :)
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I don't think the 3 examples you gave were such long shots compared to the task facing GB, dod. Plus the way Newton is removing our players from the squad doesn't help :sly:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I don't think the 3 examples you gave were such long shots compared to the task facing GB, dod. Plus the way Newton is removing our players from the squad doesn't help :sly:
Trust you to rain on my parade (more elequant than ChrisA see). Your always so negative. Why if we all buy inflatable Guiness Bahnanas, paint our faces and sing really, I mean REALLY loud we will win.

If we lose it's all your fault! :wink: