Players going

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Players going

Post by ChrisA »

Guisset, Beswick and Wild, from superleague.co.uk

" In addition to Carney, who is joining Australian club Newcastle Knights after the Gillette Tri-Nations Series, Millward confirmed that three other members of the starting line-up - hooker Bob Beswick, prop Jerome Guisset and second rower Stephen Wild - have all played their last matches for the club."
MrsLam

Re: Players going

Post by MrsLam »

No mention of Aspy or Newton there then? Is that the final word on it?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

They didnt play, he was just refering to players who played today I think. We should find out more this coming week I feel.
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

I knew about Guisset, also suspected Wild was on his way but was surprised to hear about Beswick. Anyone know where he is going?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Last i heard leigh wanted him! Think thats a bit of talent going to waste to be honest!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

So do I. The young players that have come into the first team this year have done really well. Dropping down to the under 21's next season (afterall most of them are only 18 to 20) won't do them any harm. Some have been put forward before they were properly ready, but we had no choice. But Leigh? Poor Bob.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Keep the players who have a realistic chance of making it into the 1st team on merit next year and not through injuries, not many of the young guys have shown enough, Beswick included.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Guissets move Le Catalans confirmed.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 68,00.html
superleague

Post by superleague »

i hope seu seu is getting cleared out
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

superleague posted:
i hope seu seu is getting cleared out
Seu seu isn't leaving - he was the main reason we were lucky enough to get 'Feca - who I for one am really looking forward to seeing next year.

All of the overseas players will go home for a holiday before beginning pre-season training.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------