SEASON TICKETS?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Row A Exile

SEASON TICKETS?

Post by Row A Exile »

Anyone from East Stand Row A tried to renew their Season Ticket? If not then don't bother! Tried to re-book mine yesterday only to be told that I'm not allowed to sit there anymore. So much for Ancient and LOYAL. Had a Season Ticket since moving to JJB and had one for around 5 years at CP. Made lots of friends and am very P****D off about being treated this way. What about my friends from Newcastle who have a son in a wheelchair (PS get weel Malcolm we are all thinking of you). Will they have to sit in the West stand and drink Pimms with their prawn cocktail (whilst clapping politely). What about Mike from Stoke (you won's have to worry about your whinging mate who sits behind you)? Have been told I can have a seat in row B which is around 20 places away from my friends BRILLIANT! I know that row A is a small minority, but why is it just the East stand? What happened to LOYAL? At present I do not see me getting a season ticket or even bothering to come back. I like where I sit, I love my friends and enjoy advising the referee of his missed calls and the intricacies of the Off Side ruling. Thoughts anyone? :angry:
mike binder

Re: SEASON TICKETS?

Post by mike binder »

why cant you have it i had same prob last year but got it eventually :lol: :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Row A Exile

Post by Row A Exile »

Have been told by the club (when trying to book) that there will be no availability for row A in the East Stand next season. :exc:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Row A Exile posted:
Have been told by the club (when trying to book) that there will be no availability for row A in the East Stand next season. :exc:
It's something to do with the requirement from the Premier League or from Sky for advertising in row A for Latics matches. This has upset quite a few people because there are various reasons for wanting to be so close, such as eyesight or mobility reasons as well as just being with friends or wanting to choose a position pitchside. Disabled/wheelchair users have apparently been told they have to move to a different stand or go to one of the disabled platforms which are much higher up in the stands (although there are lifts to get up there).

Whilst there's never been any evidence to support the claims that we'll have to move out because of Latics in the Premiership, it seems there are some negative repercussions after all.

Whilst I guess the club have no option but to comply, perhaps they could be persuaded to remove the advertising hoardings for RL matches? It'll mean more work for them but it would balance the negative publicity removal of row A will create.

No more 25004 crowds next season either...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Row A Exile

Post by Row A Exile »

Have mailed the club direct and have had a read receipt. will post the reply (if I get one).
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Why do the Premier League want to reduce the capacity of the ground, I don't get it? I don't think all Premier League grounds restrict use of the first few rows do they?

Row A Exile, wouldn't not renewing at all be cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Why do the Premier League want to reduce the capacity of the ground, I don't get it? I don't think all Premier League grounds restrict use of the first few rows do they?
I don't think the Premiership is too interested in crowds, but more in appealing to the sponsors. Despite the high prices of tickets and falling attendances (there was a news story yesterday that a committee is going to be put together to investigate the facts that there is too much soccer on tv and prices are too high) there seems to be no shortage of companies wanting to advertise in the sport, indeed with so much soccer on tv they're getting a good deal by sponsoring the sport. I don't know how much sponsorship costs, but I suspect it will be higher than the combined ticket prices of the people who have to move and, unfortunately, money is the most important thing in these cases.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Nine

Post by Nine »

robjoenz posted:
Row A Exile, wouldn't not renewing at all be cutting off your nose to spite your face?
I reckon it would, too. Understandable to be so hacked off - who wouldn't be? - but don't let the soccer authorities deprive you of the chance to sit with your mates (OK, not quite as close as before) and the rest of the fans and enjoy what I think we all expect to be a really special season of rugby next year.

Anyway, Row A Exile, the refs clearly need your helpful advice and eagle eye when it comes to offside.

If nothing better's on offer, wait until 9am on 11th November and ring in quick in case anyone in a better seat has foolishly failed to renew on time! :wink:
Squad number 18!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Nine posted:
...Understandable to be so hacked off - who wouldn't be? - but don't let the soccer authorities deprive you of the chance to sit with your mates (OK, not quite as close as before) and the rest of the fans and enjoy what I think we all expect to be a really special season of rugby next year.
...plus you'll be able to make new friends and before long you'll be thanking them for imposing this change!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

how much does it cost to watch the latics? i think football has reached a turning point ,crowds are down ,goals are down, prices are up and entertainment is way down . as a man.u supporter i watched the game against liverpool and it was awful in fact unless utd are on i tend not to watch to many footy games now days as they are a poor second to r.l.