town turning blue

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

town turning blue

Post by mike binder »

town turning blue :lol: what was the latics attendance yesterday 3346 just shows there not intrested in the latics just the teams there playing ,dont get me wrong they should pull bigger crowds in and i hope they do ,but dont think theres only 1 team in the town, the rugby is still here and looking at this mr whelan knows we have to stay,how much money did this game cost him yesterday .come on stato work it out :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Re: town turning blue

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
town turning blue :lol: what was the latics attendance yesterday 3346 just shows there not intrested in the latics just the teams there playing ,dont get me wrong they should pull bigger crowds in and i hope they do ,but dont think theres only 1 team in the town, the rugby is still here and looking at this mr whelan knows we have to stay,how much money did this game cost him yesterday .come on stato work it out :wink:
My initial thought was to block this, since Latics baiting often just encourages the silliness, but having thought about it the points are made in a valid way. Could do without the last line though, bit too much of a challenge to the Latics fans to start mouthing off!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to make sure it doesn't get out of control.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
superleague

Post by superleague »

dont be soft fraggle just a bit of friendly banter.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
According to reports in the press SL gates averages are up when football is falling. Seems nore are seeing the light.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

mike binder posted:
i agree totally mike and as i have said before, most of the fans are just there too watch premiership football and dont give one about wigan.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

On the subject of attendance our average went to nearly 14000, while Saints who are top og the league managed a 1000 increase on last year and got just over 10000. Leeds got about 17000.

Again proving how loyel our fans are, if saints had had the season we had. Do you think they would even manage near a 5 figure attendance? :lol:
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

It shows something about us rugby fans compared to football fans, the worst season we had since 1984 is it? And we still manage to improve our gates on last season. Well done people!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Champions

Post by Champions »

I think the fans have been awesome this year, and it shows how much the players appreciate it, by the fact that Carney didn't want to leave the pitch on sunday. Whoever had the drum had Huddersfield deserves a pat on the back.....none stop noise! Wish it was more like that at JJB.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The Latics got a brief mention on Boots 'N' All tonight, albeit, they were saying how Wigan was very much still a rugby town and the footage they showed interestingly was of Latics conceeding a goal to Hernan Crespo in their first game of the season.

Stevo also gave us a lot of praise, saying we had some of the best fans in Super League, but I'm sure some of the more bitter and twisted Stevo haters will find a way to twist it into an insult. MrsLam starts thinking...
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I think i'm going to be in the minoraty on this site so i'll make it clear from the start i am a 100% warriors fan and a season ticket holder and i travel to agood 80% of away fixtures .But i will be going to watch the latics this season .I admit it will be to selected matches when the big teams are in town . But i will be supporting the latics afterall i am a Wiganer