Newton's Appeal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Newton's Appeal

Post by MrsLam »

Great

Now official on sky sports
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 13,00.html
Wigan hooker Terry Newton has had his suspension extended to seven months by the RFL after losing his appeal against his initial 10-match ban for misconduct.

The 26-year-old contested the severity of a three-match ban imposed by the Rugby League's disciplinary committee for a high tackle on St Helens second rower Lee Gilmour and appealed against both the guilty verdict and severity of a seven-match suspension handed out for a stiff-arm tackle on Sean Long.

Both incidents occurred during Wigan's 38-12 home defeat to neighbours St Helens in the penultimate game of the regular Super League season.

A new three-man panel heard Newton's appeal, and decided to change the terms of the suspension, banning the Great Britain international until April 15 2006.

That means he will miss the first nine rounds of Super League XI and the opening round of the Powergen Challenge Cup, effectively increasing his ban by two matches.

Newton has already been ruled out of the Gillette Tri-Nations series because of a hip injury.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

They have made a scapegoat of him. It stinks.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

It's blooming ridiculous. Their consistency on punishments absolutely sucks!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
moran123

Post by moran123 »

10 match ban was bad enough but 7 months :(
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The RFL disxiplinary committee are making a laughing stock of themselves, to increase Terry's ban just for appealing on the same day they say Leon Pryce has "no case to answer" is a joke. I wonder if the fact he's playing for stains next season influenced the decision? I'm guessing stains had someone to speak at the appeal or does it not work like that?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

my mum saw tez today in sainsburys walking round with his head down he is really upset about it
apparently he swor at them on the way out
cant repeat what he said
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx