Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan TV

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:04 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:28 pm
Flash wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:15 pm

I suppose it depends what you want Meds. I think the content is good, particularly that I can watch non sky away matches that I otherwise wouldn't get to see. Because of work I don't get to away matches in the way I once did. That alone is worth the price of subscription. In addition you get pre season games, reserve and women's fixtures and interviews and match reaction. The coming fans forum is being streamed too so anyone not able to get to that will still be able to see it. I guarantee many on here will be asking what was said.

If you don't have sky, can't get to away games, want to watch matches again if you watch live or are generally interested in the club whatsoever, 80p (ish) a week represents great value in my opinion.

Or you could always buy a packet of crisps or a third of a pint or something instead 🤣
I don't really watch interviews and non game stuff due to having a low attention span, I get bored rea
Did you get bored half way through writing that mate? 🤔🤣
Me mind did wander a bit, need to stop watching telly while on forums
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:15 pm Fridays game was available on Saturday
Not when I looked it wasn't. I checked on Sunday and it wasn't on yet. Just extended highlights.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

This is the policy - it might not be accurate!

https://tv.wiganwarriors.com/whats-on
MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Highlights of every Warriors game home and away and regardless of coverage by Sky or the BBC will be released as follows in line with the broadcast contract requirements:

Up to 2 minutes action will be available 2 hours after the final whistle
Up to 15 minutes action will be available 24 hours after the final whistle
Full matches are available from midnight on Sunday following each game.
Never made much sense to me - what if we play on Monday do we wait a whole week for the full match?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, in 'answering my own question' mode, I can tell you that Friday's game in full became available around midnight on Sunday night. I think this is normal. But I was determined to watch it before bed, fired up the laptop. Then early in the second half, my wi-fi died, so I ended up watching the rest on my phone. :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As I understand it Mike, those times are for a Friday night game, and the time differences are relative, not absolute. And the rather over 48 hour delay between the live game and when Wigan TV can show it is laid down in the agreement with Sky.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:19 pm
Not when I looked it wasn't. I checked on Sunday and it wasn't on yet. Just extended highlights.
was for me, even has the date on the video
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:45 am
Mike wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:19 pm
was for me, even has the date on the video
Weird, neither me nor moto could see it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:50 pm As I understand it Mike, those times are for a Friday night game, and the time differences are relative, not absolute. And the rather over 48 hour delay between the live game and when Wigan TV can show it is laid down in the agreement with Sky.
Thanks Moto, does that also apply to non-Sky games as well?
Surely it would be easier to show the full game first as it would take time to edit the highlights packages?
I can understand Sky putting a bar on the full game until their subscribers have had a chance to see it.

I'm really looking forwards to the Reseves/Academy games on Wigan TV this season.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Apart from 10 minute highlights the only chance to watch the game on sky is live
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:32 am Apart from 10 minute highlights the only chance to watch the game on sky is live
Or people could actually go to the game, what a novel idea. :lol: