Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by jaws1 »

14-6 final score Wigan got caned for penalties last 15 mins Ellis sin binned bit scrappy in the second half when players were subbed but defense was brilliant.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Being a traditionalist, it was really great to see a good old fashioned one eyed ref :)
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Some things don't change no matter what the season.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Very good performance from the whole squad.
First thing was making so much ground out of yardage. Thornley impressive there.
Defence was first class and they worked hard for each other.
The tries were good and a pity Field could score off Thornley's pass after a good offload from KPP.
Field's try off the Mago offload was brilliant. Not many are going to catch this guy.
Our starting right side of KPP at centre and Thornley wing was a real handful for Wire.
Peet, Briers & Lockers must be very pleased with that.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And they should be. As they said on commentary, it seemed like a 'proper match', not a friendly. I was only thinking in the first half, the ref's whistle has hardly blown. All that changed in the second half, though. :D

Quicker ball movement, organised in defence, a very solid performance against opposition as good as any in SL. It struck me at one point in the second half, as Smithies pulled in an awkward pass from behind his shoulder and ferried the ball on, last season we were dropping all those. Something has definitely clicked in training,
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That all sounds brilliant. I was v fearful that Field would struggle to be as sharp as he was in the NRL… sounds like I can rest easy on that score. Even last year, we defended superbly. It’s all about attack attack attack, and sounds like we are unrecognisably sharper. So far so good.
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:44 pm And they should be. As they said on commentary, it seemed like a 'proper match', not a friendly. I was only thinking in the first half, the ref's whistle has hardly blown. All that changed in the second half, though. :D

Quicker ball movement, organised in defence, a very solid performance against opposition as good as any in SL. It struck me at one point in the second half, as Smithies pulled in an awkward pass from behind his shoulder and ferried the ball on, last season we were dropping all those. Something has definitely clicked in training,
Couldn't agree more. Organisation along with timing looking very professional and crisp.

Whoever was behind the signing of Cust knows their job. Could end up being better than Hastings this bloke.
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

Just got home.
Really good attendance from both sets of fans.

First time I’ve seen Jai Field properly and was more than impressed!
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Sounds like peeps going to have some selection headaches this season.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Peets, bloody phone.😀