RFL to introduce green card to stop games being slowed down

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: RFL to introduce green card to stop games being slowed down

Post by Mike »

Is there a link anywhere to a clear description of the usage of the new card? Or is this all being infered from a couple of sentences in a press release? I'd hope it would be an effective way of combating players staying down, especially when they do it because they think they should have a penalty and they want the video ref to step in.

Is there an exemption if you're down injured as a result of foul play? What type of injury can be penalised?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 pm Is there a link anywhere to a clear description of the usage of the new card? Or is this all being infered from a couple of sentences in a press release? I'd hope it would be an effective way of combating players staying down, especially when they do it because they think they should have a penalty and they want the video ref to step in.

Is there an exemption if you're down injured as a result of foul play? What type of injury can be penalised?
If it’s foul play then it would be a penalty not a drop out and the green card would not come into the equation.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:37 am
Mike wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 pm Is there a link anywhere to a clear description of the usage of the new card? Or is this all being infered from a couple of sentences in a press release? I'd hope it would be an effective way of combating players staying down, especially when they do it because they think they should have a penalty and they want the video ref to step in.

If it’s foul play then it would be a penalty not a drop out and the green card would not come into the equation.
Its true, but wouldn't the injury requiring treatment still be slowing down the game? Often players that are fouled stay down to try to get the ref to give the penalty (or the video ref to take a look) - or sometimes to give their team a break too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:40 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:15 pm Listening to Bilko yesterday I like it. If you go off the field on a green card from the ref you cannot be replaced so your team is down to 12 players until you go back on. Should stop Jonnie Lomax going down regularly when Staines are under pressure in their 20 metre zone.
I’m glad someone else sees this regular occurrence from this overrated, IMO, player!
i find it hard to understand how someone who will defend Sam Powell can then label Johnny Lomax overrated
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:56 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:15 pm Listening to Bilko yesterday I like it. If you go off the field on a green card from the ref you cannot be replaced so your team is down to 12 players until you go back on. Should stop Jonnie Lomax going down regularly when Staines are under pressure in their 20 metre zone.
I’m glad someone else sees this regular occurrence from this overrated, IMO, player!
i find it hard to understand how someone who will defend Sam Powell can then label Johnny Lomax overrated
Because I find he is. That’s my opinion same as is your opinion about Powell! Thank you very much!

And if you had noted the reason why I named Lomax you wouldn’t have needed to reply!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:52 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Because I find he is. That’s my opinion same as is your opinion about Powell! Thank you very much!

And if you had noted the reason why I named Lomax you wouldn’t have needed to reply!
👏👏👏

Remember, Josie, that Sam P must be brought up in every thread no matter what. I'm sure it's nothing personal :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

They should have just called it the Coote Card, then everyone would know what it was for.

Looking forward to the first head injury of 2022 in our first game.