Harry Smith.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Harry Smith.

Post by Dan2266 »

Nowhere near good enough. Best thing for him is a season long loan to the championship.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Harry Smith.

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After a pre season friendly?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:20 pm After a pre season friendly?
And after last season. He’s not improved for 2 years, he wont get consistent game time this year so will find it even harder to improve, loan him out to the championship which in my opinion is his current level, consistent game time will do the boy wonders.

But as it stands he should be nowhere near the first team.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

It’s only pre season and from watching it on Wigan tv he didn’t seem that bad… not playing full game & new half partnership with customer will take time to develop. Build the team around him for me.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:25 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:20 pm After a pre season friendly?
And after last season. He’s not improved for 2 years, he wont get consistent game time this year so will find it even harder to improve, loan him out to the championship which in my opinion is his current level, consistent game time will do the boy wonders.

But as it stands he should be nowhere near the first team.
Think I agree as things are won't make team his only chance is regular rugby if he is to stand a chance. Regular championship rugby could make him or at least find his level.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I agree with this. These days you need to prove yourself early doors. Williams did as did tomkins etc. Can't afford to hope a player progresses these days it's too cut throat.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I always feared he wouldn't perhaps bounce back after that poor season last time out and I hope he's handled better than last years obsession of playing him no matter what has passed,so for me the jury is out and time is running out perhaps for him.

Big season ahead that's for sure
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Will we get this after every error or kick out on the full? He played well when he came on bar one of the latter (which was a poor error) and he was excellent last week. He looks more robust and is now fully fit. He’ll get plenty of opportunities this season and will be an important player for us, not just this season but in the long term.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:54 pm Will we get this after every error or kick out on the full? He played well when he came on bar one of the latter (which was a poor error) and he was excellent last week. He looks more robust and is now fully fit. He’ll get plenty of opportunities this season and will be an important player for us, not just this season but in the long term.
I wasn't basing my opinion on how he played tonight. I was thinking of his playing chances in general and his progress with lack of regular football. I'm not doubting his ability. But feel a full season of regular football will show his true ability and he won't get that at Wigan this season
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:02 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:54 pm Will we get this after every error or kick out on the full? He played well when he came on bar one of the latter (which was a poor error) and he was excellent last week. He looks more robust and is now fully fit. He’ll get plenty of opportunities this season and will be an important player for us, not just this season but in the long term.
I wasn't basing my opinion on how he played tonight. I was thinking of his playing chances in general and his progress with lack of regular football. I'm not doubting his ability. But feel a full season of regular football will show his true ability and he won't get that at Wigan this season
It was aimed at you mate. I just saw a lad tonight who came on, played well but he made one error and it’s jumped on, which smacks of people waiting for it. He’s had a really positive game and a half so far.

Let’s give him time and let’s see how he goes. He’ll get 20+ appearances this season IMO and has the chance to earn his place on merit. I know one thing, he’s going to have a better pack to play on the back of and that will help. He’s going to have a better coach to play under as well. He deserves more than that one kick out on the full before people go ‘he’s not good enough’ IMO.