Jai Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Jai Field

Post by ddtftf »

I watched the match and I felt that he was far more settled in the squad, when he first came i felt he looked isolated watching him . He looked more comfortable and was laughing and congratulating players who helped him score its good to see and i feel we will see a really good confident player this year.
josie andrews

Re: Jai Field

Post by josie andrews »

He seems more settled definitely, maybe because he’s on his own now without his over powering friend!

He stayed here over the off season & didn’t even go home for Christmas.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:27 pm He seems more settled definitely, maybe because he’s on his own now without his over powering friend!

He stayed here over the off season & didn’t even go home for Christmas.
wow, to be fair thats some commitment right there
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

For an Aussie player to stay here and not go home for Christmas suggests he's anything but unhappy here.
Surely his game v Wire will have helped feel he's well and truly part of the squad.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Maybe he's not vaccinated so he would struggle to travel back. That's changed now but over Xmas could have been an issue?

However, good on him for staying and having a proper go at it this season. He had a nightmare last year, from scoring a try on his debut to out all year in one stride. Hope he pins down a spot this season and is as exciting as we'd hoped. We really needed some threat players last season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If he has retained his speed, he could be very good. There is an alternate universe in which Lam is still coach, having a fully fit French and Field in his side. If Peet has a fair run of injuries among the strike players, he could well have the one attribute a leader needs above all else - good luck.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

He would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks in Aus when arriving.

His break wasn't long enough for that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:40 pm He would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks in Aus when arriving.

His break wasn't long enough for that.
How do you mean his break wasn’t long enough? 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

From what I understand he could have gone back and we would not have stopped him. After talks with a few players and a big shift/effort Jai earned and got Peet's support. He's like a new signingb if fit and fully committed the thought of him and French in the same backline, along with Cust and the offloading games of Batty KPP and Mago should help with that blunt attack. You never know he may just like it! Think Pat Richards was offered and almost went after the first season with us according to rumour.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!