On loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

On loan

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Just how many of the youngsters have we sent out on loan? I seen halsall play against barrow today and didn’t realise he had gone on loan
NICKYKISS

Re: On loan

Post by NICKYKISS »

I think McDonnell, Nicholson and Alex Sutton are loans to Leigh and Newcastle and then Halsall and Brad O’Neill have played today on dual reg for Newcastle. Brad O’Neill played for them last week as well.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Can imagine all these players going into the reserves once it starts up, when does it start?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

26th Feb I think.

It’ll be interesting to see what we do with squad rotation in the first team. If there isn’t much and there aren’t early injuries, then guys like Smith, Shorrocks, Partington and at some point Bevan French are going to need games somewhere. You’d imagine playing for Newcastle in the Championship will be a better standard than the reserves.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m of the view now the reserves won’t work while dual reg is still around,it will become as pointless as it was and will slip quietly into the night in a season or two.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:19 pm I’m of the view now the reserves won’t work while dual reg is still around,it will become as pointless as it was and will slip quietly into the night in a season or two.
Maybe so, but it's a weird one. In a ideal world, a good competitive reserve comp would be best, and we could forget dual reg. But how feasible is that? I can understand clubs wanting to hold onto the dual reg, even though it may diminish the reserves.