Wigan vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan vs Leeds

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:51 am
Barney841 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 am
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am

The point is its all one way though.

Vs KR he was scooting (I was shocked to) and Vs leeds he scored 2 tries the first one he saw the gap called for it and got the try.

However the same tired theme appears after the leeds Match because he made a couple of errors.
I don’t think it’s just that when you play someone with a good hooker(LEEMING) you just think why can’t we have a hooker like that?
And it had been a long time since we’ve had that with the persistence of powell. I just hope they give this O’Neil a good run out
What did leeming do?

If powells so bad why don't the coaches pick tommy or O'Neil instead - those are their options.
He’s not and if he was then all the recent coaches at Wigan would have replaced him.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mike wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:51 am
Barney841 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 am
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am

The point is its all one way though.

Vs KR he was scooting (I was shocked to) and Vs leeds he scored 2 tries the first one he saw the gap called for it and got the try.

However the same tired theme appears after the leeds Match because he made a couple of errors.
I don’t think it’s just that when you play someone with a good hooker(LEEMING) you just think why can’t we have a hooker like that?
And it had been a long time since we’ve had that with the persistence of powell. I just hope they give this O’Neil a good run out
What did leeming do?

If powells so bad why don't the coaches pick tommy or O'Neil instead - those are their options.
This is again missing the point 90% of us are trying to make its not binary that powell is either great or complete rubbish - its that he is average so saying "if he is so bad" its a pointless comment because thats not what people are trying to say its that we could have much better

Why play tommy there who cant do 80mins in that position? meaning youre losing a bench slot and its not as though Powell is a strike player you'd leave on the bench to change a game. O'neil is too inexperienced to be a starting 9 too he needs to be played in some lesser games and build up some experience this should of been happening last year instead of playing a player who we knew was leaving.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Welski wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:35 pm Total non-sequitur: Apologies if already discussed but did anyone else think it was a trip on Bibby when Field played on to score?
Yeh, I see that now - it was Briscoe.