New Wigan Heritage Beer…

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

New Wigan Heritage Beer…

Post by ancientnloyal »

We've only gone and got a Wigan Rugby Heritage Society beer 😍 Prospect Brewery have named their latest beer Folly Field following a competition to name their latest brew which is an original Victorian Ruby Bitter recipe. The beer will be launched at the Wigan Beer Festival next month!!

Many congrats to @GriffLemon on twitter who put the suggestion forward for it to be named after the first home of rugby in Wigan. It will be available to purchase very soon. A massive thanks to @prospectbrewery for letting us to be involved. 🍻🍒⚪️

And of course, having championed the early days of rugby in Wigan quite thrilled at the name of this and hopefully more to come down the line!!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
morley pie eater

Re: New Wigan Heritage Beer…

Post by morley pie eater »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:37 pm Image

We've only gone and got a Wigan Rugby Heritage Society beer 😍 Prospect Brewery have named their latest beer Folly Field following a competition to name their latest brew which is an original Victorian Ruby Bitter recipe. The beer will be launched at the Wigan Beer Festival next month!!

Many congrats to @GriffLemon on twitter who put the suggestion forward for it to be named after the first home of rugby in Wigan. It will be available to purchase very soon. A massive thanks to @prospectbrewery for letting us to be involved. 🍻🍒⚪️

And of course, having championed the early days of rugby in Wigan quite thrilled at the name of this and hopefully more to come down the line!!
Great stuff! Love the fact that's it's a good old dark beer - a blonde wouldn't fit the 1872 rugby image!

Hope to sample it when I'm next over. If you could update with where & when it's available, that would be helpful - and get some pub a bit of extra custom.

Well done!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I wish their beer was available in local shops, but it doesn't seem to be. I brew my own beer, and they will sell me 25 kg sacks of malt (many breweries won't sell to the public like that). I always buy a tray of beers every time I go there though.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

When/where is the festival, if anyone can advise ?

Looks a nice drink for winter !
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brilliant 👏🏼👏🏼 Well done to everyone involved 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

As one of the main sponsors of the 2022 Wigan CAMRA Beer and Cider Festival, which runs Thursday 3rd to Saturday 5th March at Robin Park; Prospect Brewery will be having the beer on sale and they have also produced a limited run of approximately 800 bottles which will be available direct from the brewery and also Tin and Glass at Windy Arbor and Derby House Food

We will hopefully have bottles to sell ourselves depending on licences etc which we didn’t think about, lol.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

"Robin Park" - thanks a&l.
I think the last one, pre Covid, was on Mesnes Park Playing Fields ?
Will pop along then.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Said Tipple is now available at the Royal Oak in town!

Enjoy and let us know what you think… hoping to get a range out in time.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame