haven for sl

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: haven for sl

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
its 1 of them geoff i know a freind that knows the coach who still lives in wigan ,but you know what those chinese wispers are like :lol:
Yeah, but the Chairman employs the coach! If one says no and the other says yes [to promotion], who's gonna win?

This from Sporting life" recently...
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ional.html
"Promotion favourites Whitehaven remain confident they will be allowed into Super League if they win the LHF National League One Grand Final on October 9.

We expect it will involve playing two or three matches at Carlisle," said Whitehaven chairman Des Byrne.

"We're looking to re-develop the Recreation Ground and we're hoping to have some news on that shortly."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve McCormack was on the radio weeks back saying that mabny of the players had good jobs with BNFL but that BNFL were prepared to give them 12 month sabbaticals.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Steve McCormack was on the radio weeks back saying that mabny of the players had good jobs with BNFL but that BNFL were prepared to give them 12 month sabbaticals.
They said that last season, I hadn't heard anything about it this year. The only thing is, with shift allowance an operator will be on £27 kpa, then they'll get boot money and bonuses on top of that, their income will exceed £30k easily. To meet cap restrictions and afford to refurbish the Recre they'll not be able to give too many contracts out giving more than that. Although players are promised their jobs back after a year, someone fills their job and when they come back will they get the same job? Will they be put onto days and lose their shift allowance?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally I want Haven in SL as a Cumbrian team they would boost a RL stronghold. I wish we would pour more time and effort into Cumbria.

BUT having watched RL Raw, the standard of rugby is light years away from SL standard and ANY team that gets promoted will struggle badly especially when their confidence is drained after the early matches.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pie eaters posted:
i agree it will be good for the game but i dont agree with expanding it at all costs. for example London got financial help from the RFL to keep the club up and running and im just hoping that Whitehaven if they come up dont get help
For what reason exactly? If investing in an area, like London can develop the game then why not do it? It's not like it affects us as Wigan fans anyway.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pie eaters posted:
yeah but what if one day we are close to going out of buisness Would the RFL help us? and did they try to help York when they went out of buisness ? No they didnt its wrong
If one of the biggest teams in the sport were about to go bust then I'm sure they would help them, yes. There is a lot more riding on losing a team like London than there is from losing a club were the sport would continue whether they existed or not IMO.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

london should of been demoted :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It would ruined all the good work they'd done in London though. Atleast they've sorted themselves out since.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

should of took points off them then>????? :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
should of took points off them then>????? :wink:
A fairer punishment, yes.