Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Disciplinary

Post by josie andrews »

Six players banned by RFL's Match Review Panel

Two Castleford Tigers players are among those to receive suspensions this week.

A number of players have been hit with bans following the latest round of Super League fixtures, with Castleford Tigers winger Bureta Faraimo copping a two-match suspension.

Faraimo was sinbinned for a high shot on Hull Kingston Rovers’ Will Dagger during the Tigers’ 26-10 defeat in East Yorkshire on Friday night.

There has been a spate of sending-offs and sinbinnings during the opening three rounds of the season and Faraimo became the latest player to see yellow.

Referees have been instructed to take decisive action on contact to the head and have been backed up by the judiciary who have imposed lengthy suspensions.

While Faraimo’s sin binning has earned him a two-game ban, Tigers team-mate Liam Watts has been suspended for one game for Grade A Careless High Tackle.

Catalans Dragons hooker Michael McIlorum has been suspended for one game after a Grade A Careless High Tackle during his side’s win at Leeds Rhinos last Thursday.

Team-mate Mitchell Pearce has been issued with a caution for a careless high tackle against the Rhinos which earned him a yellow card, a decision which Steve McNamara branded “pathetic” after the game.

St Helens forward Curtis Sironen has been handed a one-match ban for a Grade B Late hit on passer during his side’s win over Wakefield Trinity on Friday.

Salford Red Devils duo Ryan Brierley and Dan Sarginson have both been banned for one game for Grade B Dangerous Contact [other contrary behaviour - leads with feet] and Grade A Late hit on passer respectively.

Wigan Warriors forward Patrick Mago has joined Pearce in being cautioned, following his Careless High Tackle [initial contact with ball or chest] during last Thursday’s home win over Huddersfield Giants.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Disciplinary

Post by the pieman »

If the Fairaimo tackle is the one i have seen on social media, then the game is getting silly

he is going in for a tackle on a player catching a high bomb. the player falls to the ground and Fairaimo hits him, what would be about waist height. If thats the level we are penalising and then banning then the games gone mad
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Liam Watts was the same player going down the games going soft.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Rob Burrow?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm Liam Watts was the same player going down the games going soft.
The game is just adapting far from going soft the sport is a court case waiting to happen and then where will we be?

As Mike says Rob Burrow sooner or later a link will be proven to contact sport a d well free for all
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Are we really seeing that much more stringent refereeing on head contact this year than previously? I'm not really convinced. I have no problem, for example, with Mitchell Pearce's yellow; not malicious maybe, but clumsy and unwarranted contact with the head. We want that out of the game.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:37 am Are we really seeing that much more stringent refereeing on head contact this year than previously? I'm not really convinced. I have no problem, for example, with Mitchell Pearce's yellow; not malicious maybe, but clumsy and unwarranted contact with the head. We want that out of the game.
Are you joking?

If that’s going to be given as a yellow card then imo you have to give every contact with the head a yellow by default.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

We do usually get a mass of bans/penalties etc at the start of a season as they try and set the tone but it usually eases up.

If it doesnt then just get a team of 5ft players and you're laughing

I think the Rob Burrow link is harsh - how many players have played rugby league over the years and how many have had serious health concerns after thats directly related

you cant avoid contact and players are getting bigger and stronger its a risk they take because they may not find a livelihood elsewhere that would support them like rugby does so you take the rough with the smooth.

If you really want to keep the game but lower the risk the most sensible option for me would be to go back to 5 meter defensive lines - this should reduced the closing speed on tackles and might even improve skill levels
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

We do usually get a mass of bans/penalties etc at the start of a season as they try and set the tone but it usually eases up.

I think the Rob Burrow link is harsh - how many players have played rugby league over the years and how many have had serious health concerns after thats directly related

you cant avoid contact and players are getting bigger and stronger its a risk they take because they may not find a livelihood elsewhere that would support them like rugby does so you take the rough with the smooth.

If you really want to keep the game but lower the risk the most sensible option for me would be to go back to 5 meter defensive lines - this should reduced the closing speed on tackles and might even improve skill levels
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:16 am We do usually get a mass of bans/penalties etc at the start of a season as they try and set the tone but it usually eases up.

Trouble is though the medic profession are finding links to contact sport as I said this sport is a court case waiting to happen and it’s one that they would lose,the “it’s their own risk playing the game”won’t much water if the sport does nothing,they’ve cracked down rightly in my opinion,the players know they’ve cracked down too so there’s no excuse for it,there just isn’t.

There’s plenty of players retiring now because of concussion as well,not just dementia..stevie ward 28 retired but are you saying there’s no relation to the sport and his concussions or is it his fault he can’t seem to function normally?

Can’t have it all ways I feel,one player to retire because of concussion is one to many for me.