Wigan squad for Toulouse

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Toulouse

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad named for Saturday’s Betfred Super League game against Toulouse.

Head Coach Matt Peet has named his squad as the Warriors travel to France.

Toulouse Olympique v Wigan Warriors, Saturday 5th March, 5:00pm GMT K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-player Wigan Warriors squad for Saturday’s Betfred Super League game against Toulouse Olympique.

The Warriors prepare for Round 4 of the Betfred Super League and the first of their two outings in France. Wigan face Toulouse Olympique at Stade Ernest-Wallon this coming Saturday 5th March.

Team News

Matt Peet has named his 21-player squad for this Saturday’s fixture, and has confirmed that Abbas Miski is in line for his debut this weekend. Peet also confirmed that Ethan Havard and Bevan French have made the trip to France to enable them to train with the squad as both players eye a return to action in the coming weeks.

Wigan squad to face Toulouse:

2 Jake Bibby
3 Zak Hardaker
5 Liam Marshal
6 Cade Cust
7 Thomas Leuluai
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Patrick Mago
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 John Bateman
14 Morgan Smithies
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Harry Smith
17 Oliver Partington
20 Liam Byrne
21 Kai Pearce Paul
22 Joe Shorrocks
23 Jai Field
24 Abbas Miski
28 Brad O’Neil

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/03/ ... -toulouse/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Toulouse

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Peet said Miski will play
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

The team I would like to see for the Toulouse game is :

1 Field, 2 Marshall, 3 Hardacre, 4 Bibby, 5 Miski, 6 Cust, 7 Leuluai,
8 Singleton, 9 Powell, 10 Ellis, 11 Bateman, 12 Farrell, 13 Pearce Paul,
14 O'Neill 15 Byrne, 16 Mago, 17 Shorrocks.

I don't think we should change a winning team too readily, and at the risk of underestimating the opponents, I would like to see Miski who I believe is going to play get a go.

My other option to explore would be KPP at loose forward, I think he could be a big plus in this position. For me its the only position in the team that needs to be settled, and also there would be a chance of a bit of game time for O'Neill and Shorrocks.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:01 pm Peet said Miski will play
Be good to see how he goes.
Never understood the signing if we weren’t gonna play him. Would of rather brought a young lad through
HDS

Post by HDS »

eaststandspy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:31 pm The team I would like to see for the Toulouse game is :

1 Field, 2 Marshall, 3 Hardacre, 4 Bibby, 5 Miski, 6 Cust, 7 Leuluai,
8 Singleton, 9 Powell, 10 Ellis, 11 Bateman, 12 Farrell, 13 Pearce Paul,
14 O'Neill 15 Byrne, 16 Mago, 17 Shorrocks.

I don't think we should change a winning team too readily, and at the risk of underestimating the opponents, I would like to see Miski who I believe is going to play get a go.

My other option to explore would be KPP at loose forward, I think he could be a big plus in this position. For me its the only position in the team that needs to be settled, and also there would be a chance of a bit of game time for O'Neill and Shorrocks.
I agree with O'Neill and Shorrocks getting some game time, also perhaps Harry Smith playing. That would help to keep Leuluai fresh. Obviously I don't see them training but I was surprised Shorrocks has not been involved!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Interesting who will miss out at Toulouse. My take on it is that Field may be rested. He had heavy strapping on his knee v Hudds although it didn't seem to affect his game.

My guess on the team - Hardaker, Miski, KPP, Bibby, Marshall, Cust, Smith, Singleton, Powell, Ellis, Bateman, Farrell, Shorrocks. Mago, Byrne, Smithies, Leuluai.

Peet has an enviable job with so few injuries yet so many quality players available.
Best of luck to them for the game.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd be happy with Ted's team. Shorrocks is perhaps the only player in the squad who could claim to have improved last season :P , and I'm sure he will get some game-time soon enough. For Miski, I think really the spot of right wing is up for grabs this season. he will get his chance, and if he is good enough, he can make it his.