Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Salford

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad named for Friday’s Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round game against Salford.

Head Coach Matt Peet has named his squad as the Warriors look to progress in the cup competition.

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils, Friday 25th March, 7:35pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-player Wigan Warriors squad for Friday’s Betfred Challenge Cup game against Salford Red Devils.

The Warriors enter the Betfred Challenge Cup competition for the sixth round to face fellow Super League outfit Salford Red Devils as they host at the DW Stadium this coming Friday 25th March. The winners will progress to the Quarter Final stages of the competition.

Team News

Matt Peet has named an unchanged 21-player squad from last week. The tie comes too soon for a return for either Iain Thornley or Bevan French as Brad Singleton and Kaide Ellis remain unavailable through suspension.

Wigan squad to face Salford:

2 Jake Bibby
3Zak Hardaker
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Thomas Leuluai
9Sam Powell
10 Patrick Mago
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 John Bateman
14 Morgan Smithies
16 Harry Smith
17 Oliver Partington
19 Ethan Havard
20 Liam Byrne
21 Kai Pearce-Paul
24 Abbas Miski
25 Sam Halsall
28 Brad O’Neill

Tickets for Friday’s fixture are now available to buy on general sale. For all the information on ticket pricing and how to buy – click HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/03/ ... r-salford/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

In front of a grand total of 969 spectators
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I’ll be there with my friend.

I cannot understand “fans” who won’t attend the cup rounds but are first in the bloody queue for finals!!

Support your team please.

The only place I won’t travel to now is France as, mainly the insurance is getting far too high for me & all my pets need caring for. Dogs cats no problem but there isn’t a place that I can take my chickens to be looked after while I go galavanting in Europe 🙁
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have got 3 out 4 coming. This is a very tricky tie - Salford are a very dangerous team.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm Well I’ll be there with my friend.

I cannot understand “fans” who won’t attend the cup rounds but are first in the bloody queue for finals!!

The only place I won’t travel to now is France as, mainly the insurance is getting far too high for me & all my pets need caring for. Dogs cats no problem but there isn’t a place that I can take my chickens to be looked after while I go galavanting in Europe 🙁
The problem is the finals are not selling out these days so its impossible to run a scheme where you need to attend round games. This happens in football, I know a few who went to Notts Forest watching Liverpool so they could try for Semi/final tickets.

Well I'll be there, along with my son, mum, dad, sister and nephew.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:50 pm We have got 3 out 4 coming. This is a very tricky tie - Salford are a very dangerous team.
👏🏼👏🏼
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:30 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm Well I’ll be there with my friend.

The problem is the finals are not selling out these days so its impossible to run a scheme where you need to attend round games. This happens in football, I know a few who went to Notts Forest watching Liverpool so they could try for Semi/final tickets.

Well I'll be there, along with my son, mum, dad, sister and nephew.
👏🏼👏🏼
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Is it on the telly ?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

medlocke wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:11 pm Is it on the telly ?
Premier Sports I think.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:11 pm Is it on the telly ?
Premier Sports I think.
Cheers