Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by Firestarter »

mikey wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 pm Tommys tackle is getting talked up with greenwood’s injury it looks a minimum 3 match ban
Nowt in it pal….. watch closely his ankle twists well before contact….. just unfortunate positioning
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:23 pm
Richymac wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:18 pm Salford are trying to force it a little I think. But we are just playing in 3rd gear a bit here. Lucky call for that Marshall try in honesty, they balance out over a season those calls I reckon.
Field will find some space at a point in this match and when he does he will be away for a try, just waiting for the tired legs.
Yeah Salford haven’t been great.
Unforced errors, forcing the offload.
Wigan have defended well but need better options and faster tempo in attack
I think it is so stop start in terms of knock ons (mostly Salford) that it is quite hard to up the tempo quickly but I hope the second half can change that.
Encouraging to see our forwards are on top, not that it is a big challenge. I don't rate this Salford team one bit... Touch wood I don't eat my words.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well i thought hicks was pretty good until wigan went 14-0 up…… hes then decided to completely ruin the game and stop it flowing……. Hate refs that do this……. They have got to realise the game is not about them
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

The commentators on Premier Sports are dreadful imo. So much whinging about anything they can think of, so uninspiring.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

mikey wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 pm Tommys tackle is getting talked up with greenwood’s injury it looks a minimum 3 match ban
It wasn’t malicious but you can’t do them kind of tackles.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Richymac wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:32 pm The commentators on Premier Sports are dreadful imo. So much whinging about anything they can think of, so uninspiring.
Henderson has been good but pryce just says anything he wants( namely saying wigan knocked the ball out of their hands when he clearly hits the arm)……. Unfortunately for us there are a lot of anti wiganers out there who only talk about decisions we get…… saints can score 3 or 4 controversial tries but commentators never seem to harp on about thst
jobo

Post by jobo »

Richymac wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:32 pm The commentators on Premier Sports are dreadful imo. So much whinging about anything they can think of, so uninspiring.
Price sounds like a bloke in a pub vault. Gives an opinion on things he can't see. Henderson is pretty objective as is Kev Brown.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:31 pm Well i thought hicks was pretty good until wigan went 14-0 up…… hes then decided to completely ruin the game and stop it flowing……. Hate refs that do this……. They have got to realise the game is not about them
Don't think he's much choice to be fair. Salfords ball control is very poor.

Happy it's not us though.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suprised we havent had a lot more set restarts…… salford havent half pushed the lying on rule
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Hasn’t been the most entertaining game but take another win