Gildart

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Gildart

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Certainly not won over the West fans i know they are in a rough period but seem to have made up their mind on him

Most of the posters on their forums think he's far too slow which i thought was interesting because he always seemed to have a good turn of pace here when he was in form
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Re: Gildart

Post by Barney841 »

I always thought his stature and defensive abilities would let him down
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:26 am Certainly not won over the West fans i know they are in a rough period but seem to have made up their mind on him

Most of the posters on their forums think he's far too slow which i thought was interesting because he always seemed to have a good turn of pace here when he was in form
Over rated player. Probably bias because he had come through our academy and was a centre. (Was he the first to really make it in the first team since Goulding and Thornley)?

I do recall him having a bit of pace but we rarely got the chance to see it. (our style of play / inability to create space probably the culprit).

When was he last in form? We are talking 2019 really at the very best? Maybe 2018.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

After that horrendous Brett Ferres tackle v Castleford, he never really seemed to have the same drive as before.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:26 am Certainly not won over the West fans i know they are in a rough period but seem to have made up their mind on him

they might mean slow to adjust instead of run, I dont think hes had a run yet, not playing well thats for sure, a shadow of his former self
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its early days it takes a while for backs to settle and learn the plays
Wigan_forever1985

pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:12 pm

they might mean slow to adjust instead of run, I dont think hes had a run yet, not playing well thats for sure, a shadow of his former self
These are a someof the quotes

Gildart in quicksand

Gildart runs on a treadmill

Only because gildart is slower than a wet week

All my fears about Gildart (slow, small cant defend) have come true.

didnt blame brooks for Gildart being slow at all

the snails pace that Gildart and Hastings play at

Some are coming out to defend him a bit more but most seem unhappy with him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:50 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:12 pm

These are a someof the quotes

Gildart in quicksand

Gildart runs on a treadmill

Only because gildart is slower than a wet week

All my fears about Gildart (slow, small cant defend) have come true.

didnt blame brooks for Gildart being slow at all

the snails pace that Gildart and Hastings play at

Some are coming out to defend him a bit more but most seem unhappy with him
:lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Presumably all those comments are on last week's game?
Wigan_forever1985

Not sure think some were from the warriors game too