Growth of RL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Growth of RL

Post by Brennox7 »

Just a quick one guys.

We've been trying to grow our sport for many years now. Channel 4, Sky Sports, BBC etc.

How on earth are we going to achieve this if were using channels like Premier Sports for a one off game and charging £10 for subscription.

Am I mad? That's not gaining more fans, that's frustrating the ones we already have surely?

It's a rant from me as I can't find a stream for tonight's game no were and don't fancy £10 a month for 1 game!
culinator

Re: Growth of RL

Post by culinator »

I'm having the same issue, been round the houses trying to figure out where I can stream premier sports only to eventually find out it has to be done via phone and then cast to TV.

That's what the website suggest anyway.

No I won't be signing up for a monthly subscription for one game.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

was looking forward to this game but after splashing out £300 recently on a pair of fishing reels I can't even afford beans on toast for a month let alone a tenner, another home goal from the amazing RFL
pedro

Post by pedro »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:09 pm Just a quick one guys.

We've been trying to grow our sport for many years now. Channel 4, Sky Sports, BBC etc.

How on earth are we going to achieve this if were using channels like Premier Sports for a one off game and charging £10 for subscription.

Am I mad? That's not gaining more fans, that's frustrating the ones we already have surely?

It's a rant from me as I can't find a stream for tonight's game no were and don't fancy £10 a month for 1 game!
its not a one off game
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:46 pm

its not a one off game
How many other games are on during a month~?
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:29 pm

its not a one off game
a championship game every week, I suspect they will have a challenge cup game every round also, so not one off
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's hard to imagine that the RL authorities wouldn't have preferred to give more games to Channel 4, rather than spreading them thinly with Premier Sports too. So presumably that wasn't an option for some reason. Or is this a case of SL and the RFL not acting in tandem? I dunno.
Flash

Post by Flash »

pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:58 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:29 pm

its not a one off game
a championship game every week, I suspect they will have a challenge cup game every round also, so not one off
They have the Wire/Wakey rematch on this Sunday afternoon too. Should be a good one!
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I wasn't having a pop guys or looking for an argument. Just struggling to see how putting a cup game on PPV is going to enhance our viewings. We are making inroads with channel 4 ATM
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:34 am I wasn't having a pop guys or looking for an argument. Just struggling to see how putting a cup game on PPV is going to enhance our viewings. We are making inroads with channel 4 ATM
It was a good comment. I moved it from the Rumour Mill though 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan