Partington: Raring to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Partington: Raring to go

Post by josie andrews »

Oliver Partington looks ahead to Friday’s Good Friday derby with St Helens.

Partington: “I’m looking forward to it, when I saw that it was a sell out I was buzzing.”

Read our match preview ahead of the big game HERE.

Oliver Partington says the Warriors are ‘raring to go’ as they put in their final preparations ahead of facing St Helens on Friday afternoon.

“We’ve had a full day to look at what we need to improve on from last week and what we need to do to prepare for this week. It is a good week, we had Shaun Wane speak to us about his past experiences and his views on the Wigan v Saints derby. Everyone is raring to go and we can’t wait for it!”

Ahead of the game, he said: “I’m looking forward to it, when I saw that it was a sell out I was buzzing. My family get to be there, see the atmosphere and all the new boys getting to experience that as well. It’s something special.”

He added: “I’ve had every Tom, Dick and Harry asking for tickets. That’s only a good thing for the game and it just shows how good we’ve been this year, us two at the top of the table and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there on Friday.”

Partington has featured in seven of the Warriors nine games so far, and is keen to keep putting his hand up for a place in the team: “It’s credit to Matt for keeping me wanting to get in and not letting my head get down, everyone is fighting for their position because we have such a strong squad. With injuries anything could happen, I’m in now, I’m happy and I want to stay there.”

Ahead of the busy Easter schedule, the Warriors forward says recovery is key: “It’s got to be about recovery this period, it’s a tough time of the year as everyone knows, recovery has got to be the main thing and training short and intense is the way to go, get what we need to do done and mainly look at footage and talk about things.

“We need to do everything that we can to be ready to go on Monday and back it up after that.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/04/ ... g-to-go-2/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan