IT IS VERY CLEAR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: IT IS VERY CLEAR

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:44 am
CherryB wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:36 am
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 pm

We're 8 matches into a season, with a new coaching team and significant changes to the squad. No doubt more change will be needed for next season. Any reasonable plan/expectation/forecast would not have us beating Saints after 7 league games!

I disagree. Madge came in and turned a woeful side into champions with only a couple of additions. He didn't take seasons to do that. He added organisation, a gameplan, instilled confidence. He was a good coach. Holbrook did the same at Saints. They were awful under Cunningham, Holbrook made an instant impact by changing their style of play.

Peet is tweaking some things, but not exactly a revolutionary approach. No matter how many years he is in charge, will be also rans. If IL and KR want to get a coach on the cheap without making any effort, fine. But we have to then accept that we will have mediocre performances for the foreseeable future.
I'm sorry but your missing some very key points.

The players madge brought in
The players he had available already.
I'm sorry but they days of seeing a team like our 2010 one is long gone.
thought he only brought in Deacon
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pm

I disagree. Madge came in and turned a woeful side into champions with only a couple of additions. He didn't take seasons to do that. He added organisation, a gameplan, instilled confidence. He was a good coach. Holbrook did the same at Saints. They were awful under Cunningham, Holbrook made an instant impact by changing their style of play.

Peet is tweaking some things, but not exactly a revolutionary approach. No matter how many years he is in charge, will be also rans. If IL and KR want to get a coach on the cheap without making any effort, fine. But we have to then accept that we will have mediocre performances for the foreseeable future.

Time blending all together.
It seems it was 2011 we brought in
Finch, Hoffman, Lima as well as getting hock back
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:18 pm
pedro wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pm

Time blending all together.
It seems it was 2011 we brought in
Finch, Hoffman, Lima as well as getting hock back
yeah 11 that was, god rid of a few too I think
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

missed a kicker since richards left ,hooker we all know we need one of those ,and the pack constantly bullied
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

stevo38 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:04 pm missed a kicker since richards left ,hooker we all know we need one of those ,and the pack constantly bullied
Our pack wasn't bullied on GF it was the wings we struggled.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Very true.

Poor defence on the edges
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Although to add I have taken huge encouragement from the last 3 games . We are closer than a lot think.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Whilst Wakefield were poor by any margin the 54-10 is the kind of game where a team can get a lot of confidence due to the score and quality of their performance.

We now have six props and Peet played five against Trinity. They were dominant from 10 minutes in to the end. Having a dominant pack who allowed the halves and backs to develop their game and exploit Wakefield's weaknesses.

What is very clear is that our pack and the whole team can improve and will do. Tommy was missing, Harry Smith replaced him and was excellent. His top class goal kicking was very pleasing. We will have Hardaker, Thornley & Marshall returning in the next few weeks. No doubt they will improve the squad/team.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 pm

We're 8 matches into a season, with a new coaching team and significant changes to the squad. No doubt more change will be needed for next season. Any reasonable plan/expectation/forecast would not have us beating Saints after 7 league games!

Madge came in and caused a revolution but when you look at the team it was miles better than how it had performed.
Lockers Fielden Richards Tommy Tomkin's (both) Roberts Carmont Coley Gleeson Micky Mac Moose and more.
Holbrook took three years to win GF so saying he had the instant impact is a little off to say the least. Your looking at four or five world class players at Wigan when Madge came Roberts early that season was as good as I have seen Tomkin's Lockers probably get shouts as all time greats at their best it was a team in waiting Madge was ideal.
I'm more than happy with what
Matty Peet is doing up to this point and I'm willing to give him time. I'm not sure how it will turn out or his coaching career at top level will go but something about him that I find engaging and it would not surprise me if he turns out to be very good. He's also bringing the fans and players into an in this together mind set which was a bigger thing to achieve than the on field issues in many ways. His decision to keep Field when some wanted to offload him in pre season set the right tone and I'm sure Field staying has a large thanks to the culture he's created. He's already broke the mold in his pathway. I also don't think this is in anyway a cheap coaching option Wane Briers Lockers and Matty will be costing at a guess more than most.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!