v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cherry toffee

Re: v Wakefield

Post by cherry toffee »

The sin binning was for kicking the ball away after he knocked on, think it’s classed as dissent
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Pretty much that. An enjoyable, if low-key afternoon, and we scored some lovely tries. I don't know quite what's gone wrong with Wakey, Miller and Lino were are industrious as ever, but overall they were pretty poor, some of their defence really lacking starch.

As for Miski, I can understand Peet wanting to show faith and stick with him (maybe for lack of alternatives?), but it seems to me that even if he irons out his errors, he's just so goddamn slow for a winger!

But if we can get Marshall on the left and French on the right... :D

So is French injured, or just taken off?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:08 pm Wakefield utterly abysmal but can only beat what's in front of you.

Ellis had a strong return,Mago good as well but again tempered at how bad Wakefield where today still back on the winning horse which is always good.

I do worry that in the last few home games only 3 stands are being used is the DW too big for rugby league I wonder?
Why if away fans bring poor support. 11000 plus fans is better than expected after trip to saints over a bank hol weekend period
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Mickw wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:52 pm Players enjoyed themselves today,good response from Friday and we scored some good tries.Does anyone know what the Wakefield lads sin binning was for,couldn't see from South stand.
Kicking ball in stands. Slowing game down
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Biggest win of the season points wise and quietest forums been all weekend. :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mickw wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:52 pm Players enjoyed themselves today,good response from Friday and we scored some good tries.Does anyone know what the Wakefield lads sin binning was for,couldn't see from South stand.
Threw the ball away!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

And that's worthy of a sin bin ,really!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Easter Monday games can be pretty tedious but this one wasn't.
Our first try from French was quite brilliant. Also some other really great tries and entertaining rugby.
Glad Harry Smith can a good game and with a try and outstanding goal kicking.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:25 pm Pretty much that. An enjoyable, if low-key afternoon, and we scored some lovely tries. I don't know quite what's gone wrong with Wakey, Miller and Lino were are industrious as ever, but overall they were pretty poor, some of their defence really lacking starch.

As for Miski, I can understand Peet wanting to show faith and stick with him (maybe for lack of alternatives?), but it seems to me that even if he irons out his errors, he's just so goddamn slow for a winger!

But if we can get Marshall on the left and French on the right... :D

So is French injured, or just taken off?
He’s fine.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Mickw wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:55 pm And that's worthy of a sin bin ,really!
Dissent typically is, depending on the situation and what's gone before, and kicking/throwing the ball away could easily be seen as dissent, against depending on the situation.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐