v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Re: v Wakefield

Post by PJC »

In yesterday’s day there was a ripple of excitement and applause that seemed to go through the South Stand. It didn’t last long but I haven’t heard or felt it for a while. The support is there to be encouraged.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Smith: Positives all round

Harry Smith gave his thought following Wigan’s big win over Wakefield Trinity on Easter Monday.

Smith: “Credit to them for the start but we got through it well and managed to go on and get that win.”

FT | Wigan Warriors 54-10 Wakefield Trinity.

Harry Smith said there were ‘positives all round’ as he got a personal haul off 22-points with a try and nine successful conversions as the Warriors beat Trinity to get back to winning ways on Easter Monday.

Speaking to wiganwarriors.com at full time, Smith said: “It was a really enjoyable game and credit to the lads that had to double up, I thought they performed really well and made it a lot easier for me and the other outside backs to take some chances which is what we did and I thought it was quite a clinical performance, positives all-round really.”

He added: “We didn’t want to dwell on Friday’s game too much, we just spoke about the positives from that game and which areas to work on and take in to this game. I think we managed to do that, and it showed on the pitch today.”

Wakefield opened the account on the day, but Smith said the Warriors knew what they had to do to flip the result around: “Behind the sticks when Wakefield took that lead we were quite composed, we just said about bouncing back and getting a reaction. Credit to them for the start but we got through it well and managed to go on and get that win.”

Wigan now have a six day turnaround before they face Salford at the DW Stadium on Sunday. Talking about what this week holds, Smith said: “We’ll look at reviewing the game now and seeing any areas where we can improve again and start working towards that game against Salford. It’s just about playing our game, and if we can do that well we’re confident that we can get the result.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/04/ ... all-round/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:56 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:49 am
Mike wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:02 am

Might be worth a go as a special event though. I've often thought that if you can get big crowds in with a great atmosphere they become self sustaining. A quiet stadium that feels like your rattling around in is harder to get new fans enthusiastic to return to.
In the age of the Internet are you surprised? I have said this before and stand by it from experience of trying to invite people but if when you look on social media/forums and there is nothing but negativity 99% of the time why would you part with money to go.
This is one of the reasons why I only do FB on game day just to post a good luck message to the boys, then it’s log out again until next game day!
I only look on Twitter for the Warriors updates & a couple of others. I’d sooner read a good book or the comments on here! 😉😂
The only reason you do not like comments on here is because many disagree with you and you always think you are right, and even though our clubs acheivements are well below what they should be.you continue with your happy clapping and accepting mediocrity.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:04 am

In the age of the Internet are you surprised? I have said this before and stand by it from experience of trying to invite people but if when you look on social media/forums and there is nothing but negativity 99% of the time why would you part with money to go.
This is one of the reasons why I only do FB on game day just to post a good luck message to the boys, then it’s log out again until next game day!
I only look on Twitter for the Warriors updates & a couple of others. I’d sooner read a good book or the comments on here! 😉😂
The only reason you do not like comments on here is because many disagree with you and you always think you are right, and even though our clubs acheivements are well below what they should be.you continue with your happy clapping and accepting mediocrity.
Happy clapping :lol: I am very far from the a happy clapper but the constant tirade of over the top negativity on this forum is clear to see amazingly no one has much to say when we win.

My comment wasn't to do with me but from direct result of trying to get neutrals to come watch.

But I forgot your not a real fan and only a happy clapper if your not constantly slagging of players and the leadership
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ohh I do seem to have stirred the nest with DW comment :D ,maybe I wasn’t clear enough is the DW too big for RL now,I suspect it is bar one game a year especially on good Friday so I’ll expand the question more and play little game,of,and it will never happen Wigan decided to build a new stadium what attendance would you go for given the Dw is clearly too big for RL and football in the town I’d wager too I’d only go for 18,500 now,I’d sooner build it a little smaller and have sell outs rather than something to big,I wonder if they had the time again would they build the DW the same way?.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:03 am Ohh I do seem to have stirred the nest with DW comment :D ,maybe I wasn’t clear enough is the DW too big for RL now,I suspect it is bar one game a year especially on good Friday so I’ll expand the question more and play little game,of,and it will never happen Wigan decided to build a new stadium what attendance would you go for given the Dw is clearly too big for RL and football in the town I’d wager too I’d only go for 18,500 now,I’d sooner build it a little smaller and have sell outs rather than something to big,I wonder if they had the time again would they build the DW the same way?.
Ide go for 20 pal with at least one stand all standing for overflow……. Cant wait till we have our own stadium hopefully
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:04 am

Give us an example of something you posted when you didn't think you were right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree re: DW Stadium, I was saying at the Wakefield game, it would be great if we played in a stadium like Bournemouth have (capacity wise), I think we'd actually have waiting lists for ST/Derby/Rival games etc!
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:46 pm I agree re: DW Stadium, I was saying at the Wakefield game, it would be great if we played in a stadium like Bournemouth have (capacity wise), I think we'd actually have waiting lists for ST/Derby/Rival games etc!
In addition to that I feel the sense of exclusivity if waiting lists were needed lures people in. It brings a bit of a “I was there” mentality and would attract others I reckon.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Richymac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:46 pm I agree re: DW Stadium, I was saying at the Wakefield game, it would be great if we played in a stadium like Bournemouth have (capacity wise), I think we'd actually have waiting lists for ST/Derby/Rival games etc!
In addition to that I feel the sense of exclusivity if waiting lists were needed lures people in. It brings a bit of a “I was there” mentality and would attract others I reckon.
What's the point if you're already sold out with a capacity of 6K or something low? Aim bigger, sell out the 20K.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐