Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Powell

Post by josie andrews »

Has Peet named Shorrocks at hooker??

Who has suddenly decided that it is Shorrocks who will play there?

FFS wait until he actually names the team on game day day before you all start calling players & arguing with one another!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We arnt calling players josie and we are also putting across our thoughts and concerns…… not arguing at all
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:34 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am Playing shorrocks at hooker is like saying play Bateman there - it’s no different
It categorically is different since Bateman hasn’t ever played hooker and Peet has previously played Shorrocks hooker.

I am in no way saying Shorrocks should get picked over O Neil, I am just saying the focus should be on minimising changes and moving lots of people about. The way to do that and the most likely way is Shorrocks or O Neil to hooker.
But shorrocks to my knowledge had never played hooker before he was put in that role last season - so yes it’s different in the fact that he now has like 4 games being played there but it’s not in the sense shorrocks is a back rower with no previous in that position and no future in that position
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:07 am Has Peet named Shorrocks at hooker??

FFS wait until he actually names the team on game day day before you all start calling players & arguing with one another!
Not calling the players - stop jumping down peoples throats for no reason - the club inexplicably played shorrocks there last time powell was out they have played him there this season that gives good cause to believe they will play him there again
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:36 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:07 am Has Peet named Shorrocks at hooker??

Not calling the players - stop jumping down peoples throats for no reason - the club inexplicably played shorrocks there last time powell was out they have played him there this season that gives good cause to believe they will play him there again
Didn't Powell come off vs Wakefield? Shorrocks was put to centre was it?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Isn’t this part of the forum? To openly discuss things?

I don’t see arguing, I see people with different and valid opinions.

Mine is to not disrupt the team, others is to switch things around. Nobody is right or wrong.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Lam picked Shorrocks at hooker lets wait and see what Matt Peet does before going over board. Peet has said that O' Neil is ready to go.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am Playing shorrocks at hooker is like saying play Bateman there - it’s no different
It categorically is different since Bateman hasn’t ever played hooker and Peet has previously played Shorrocks hooker.

I am in no way saying Shorrocks should get picked over O Neil, I am just saying the focus should be on minimising changes and moving lots of people about. The way to do that and the most likely way is Shorrocks or O Neil to hooker.
But shorrocks to my knowledge had never played hooker before he was put in that role last season - so yes it’s different in the fact that he now has like 4 games being played there but it’s not in the sense shorrocks is a back rower with no previous in that position and no future in that position
There was a time when McIlorum was a second row who'd never played hooker too. I think our last two sets of coaching staff are so concerned about the defensive hole that Powell leaves that they primarily thought about filling that requirement and not as much about the distribution side of things. We were looking for a defensive hooker to match our pack's light and mobile style of play. Perhaps that's why O'Neil never gets a look in?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:43 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 am

There was a time when McIlorum was a second row who'd never played hooker too. I think our last two sets of coaching staff are so concerned about the defensive hole that Powell leaves that they primarily thought about filling that requirement and not as much about the distribution side of things. We were looking for a defensive hooker to match our pack's light and mobile style of play. Perhaps that's why O'Neil never gets a look in?
Brad is good defensively from what I have seen of him.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:54 am It’s such a shame Leuluai is injured... In his absence, Cust is the best hooker we have. I would take a look at 1 French, 6 Field, 7 Smith 9 Cust. And give O’Neill lots of chances as well of course.
Too many changes.

We should be minimising as much as possible.

Keep the team as it is and switch Powell with Shorrocks or O Neil.
Agree no need for changing players around. Shorrocks or o'Neil slot in. My choice would be o'Neil. But happy with either