Zak Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_ITK

Zak Hardaker

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Released with immediate effect. Confirmed by the club.
“Zak Hardaker is a hugely talented player, universally liked by team mates and staff. Everybody at Wigan Warriors has done everything they could to provide him with the platform he needed to shine at the highest level. As a consequence we are all extremely disappointed that his time at the club has had to end in this way. We wish him all the best for the future.”
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-23752039
Last edited by Wigan_ITK on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
PorterjohLam

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by PorterjohLam »

One of the worst signings the club has ever made.
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

On the pitch I think this is a massive loss.
Plays well in so many positions.

Suspect he will be signing for Leeds.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Can we please get either a centre or a hooker now? 🤞🙏
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

More to this than has come out
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nice to see he continues his run of shifting on his current employers,I defended him when he came but clearly and as usual he’s shot himself in the foot and crapped on all around him,Peet rightly dropped him though some thought Peet was wrong Peet strikes me as a bloke who wouldn’t drop a star player on a whim so always more to it than met the eye,but for some Peet was wrong.

I feel this mornings news shows Peet was right.

But this has been coming since he started bellyaching about travel frankly,still I see the club still stands does it not,on we go.
KR15

Post by KR15 »

Good riddance. I didn't want him at the club in the first place. The club have stood by him after his drugs ban, and then he got done for drink driving. Then he moved back to Yorkshire and tried to force a move. I have literally only started warming to him over the last few weeks after he was putting in good performances despite playing out of his preferred position, and thinking he was growing up a bit and 'knuckling down' despite having to commute. How wrong was I?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

PorterjohLam wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:18 am One of the worst signings the club has ever made.
Course he was!🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

nice to see he is letting himelf / appears to be letting himself down again.

on the pitch cant complain, as he has played / put the effort in when picked. Dont think we saw the best of his playing career, but good solid, reliable player when he's played in Cherry and White

off the pitch, bit of a tool and a brain fart away from his next disaster.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Excellent news!

If I recall correctly, there has been more than one occasion where rumors have surfaced with him being unsettled or wishing to move elsewhere, over a period of time, so was clearly going to end only one way!

As I've said in previous posts, this man owes a hell of a lot to Wigan Warriors! Career saved by us!

As for on the field, would never play 1 again unless Field or French are injured (presumably his preferred position over centre), has never looked world class or even consistently above average at FB or Centre, had a few good games, declared himself better than Connor and then disappeared!

No loss, happy to move forwards! :D :D :D