Past Players Dinner

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Past Players Dinner

Post by josie andrews »

First-ever Wigan Rugby League Past Players’ Dinner.

A night of nostalgia and chat with former Wigan players.

Book your place now on 01942 762890

Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce an inaugural Past Players’ Dinner, open for fans and businesses to attend.

The dinner, hosted by broadcaster Dave Swanton, will take place on Friday 10th June at Aspull Village Hall from 6:30pm. The evening will be a night of nostalgia and conversation with many famous names who have worn the famous Cherry and White over the years. The night will also feature comedy from Les Gibson.

Leadership and Management Director, Shaun Wane, who has been a driving force in building better relationships with former Wigan players, said: “I’m really proud that I played a part in the Club’s history, as every player who pulled on a Wigan jersey should be.

“I’m delighted that we are able to build on the work that Barbara Thompson did for many years, before her passing last year – work we will be forever thankful for.

“I believe it’s really important that the Club stays in touch with all of those players who have contributed to making this Club as successful as it has been, and we should celebrate that at every opportunity.

“Only 1,116 people have played for this Club, it will be fantastic to see many of them attend this event, meet fans and businesses and reminisce.”

Individual tickets are priced at £35, with discounts for table bookings, available by calling 01942 777680. Bookings will be available from Tuesday 3rd May at 10am.

Past players should confirm their attendance by emailing Keith Sutch at pastplayers@wiganwarriors.com, please include your phone number in the email.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/04/ ... rs-dinner/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Re: Past Players Dinner

Post by jasonnlouise »

Any idea which players are attending? I'm hoping to book tomorrow when tickets are on sale