Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:16 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:38 pm Personally, I thought Shorrocks had a superb work rate this evening!

I wouldn't criticize Astley, I liked the fact he had confidence tonight (whether it was successful of not).

I really hope Partington makes the 17 for Spurs. He's not the biggest, he does have old school aggression, he gives it his all and is familiar at 13!
It will be a choice between Partington and Shorrocks.
If that's the case, (and its a very close call for my money), id go with Shorrocks.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I thought Astely did okay for a first outing but needed to be smarter when kicking, we could barely defend a set without giving a penalty away and he kicked early in the tackle count, only for Huds to run a few plays then get a penalty and they were right back on our try line.
I think French had forgotten he was playing fulback, the worst positional play I have seen for some time and I would contribute three tries to him being in the line defending instead of being out the back, haven't watched it back yet so I could be wrong, but at first watch he gifted them space behind the defensive line.
Partington needs to keep the seats warm in the stand, great effort but stupid penalties and on the 5th tackle (I think) either mature like Smithies has or learn how to wash the kit
Mago seems like he thinks he can just walk into a defensive line and hope to get an offload, barge your way through and earn the right to get the arm free
Halsall didn't have his greatest game and a school boy error to be too shallow at the drop out, it is much easier to run ont a ball heading for touch than it is to chase it back, he should have been on half way and ran up to the ball, he looked like he was on the 40m line
Shorrocks did kay for effort but from dummy half he was woeful, look at the pass he gave from dummy half and the number of times ou see players having to jump up to take the ball cleanly, it really stunts your go forward, play him but not at hooker

Other than that I thought most of the other young lads went well and held their own for most of the game
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

To put last night to bed I feel that Watson will be the happier coach going into the final,what did we learn I would say nothing that we did not already know that our fringe players are not good enough,I still feel that we should play our strongest team in every game regardless of the risks,what will he do against Hull????
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Npw need to play our strongest line up v Hull, if Field is not 100% then keep him out, otherwise its full strength team for me.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Suzieb wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:53 pm To put last night to bed I feel that Watson will be the happier coach going into the final,what did we learn I would say nothing that we did not already know that our fringe players are not good enough,I still feel that we should play our strongest team in every game regardless of the risks,what will he do against Hull????
Think that’s abit harsh, also first team experience will do them good peet should of maybe not of made as many changes.
We lost by ten points against a full strength giants side and we were poor, so for me personally I think some of the young lads should be given abit of credit
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:59 pm
Suzieb wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:53 pm To put last night to bed I feel that Watson will be the happier coach going into the final,what did we learn I would say nothing that we did not already know that our fringe players are not good enough,I still feel that we should play our strongest team in every game regardless of the risks,what will he do against Hull????
Think that’s abit harsh, also first team experience will do them good peet should of maybe not of made as many changes.
We lost by ten points against a full strength giants side and we were poor, so for me personally I think some of the young lads should be given abit of credit
That wasn't a full-strength Giants side.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Why would it have an bearing going into the final. The only fact that would be relevant to that would be our full strength squad have already beat their full strength squad this year.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Just looked and it looks like they were missing 3, how many were we missing 6,7?
I’m just saying if we played abit better and maybe a couple more experienced players playing, I think we win that game
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Just looked and it looks like they were missing 3, how many were we missing 6,7?
I’m just saying if we played abit better and maybe a couple more experienced players playing, I think we win that game
They had 7 missing.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Most of their spine was playing we looked clunky.
Not sure if everyone will agree my strongest 17 for us is.
Field
French
KPP. Bibby final
Thornley
Marshall
Cust
Smith (goal Kicking)
Singo
Powell/O'Neil not much in it. O'Neil final
Byrne
Batty
Faz
Smithies.
Ellis
Havard
Mago
Tommy (gives us options at Half hooker)shorocks final

I make that we had three players starting against Giants out of our strongest line up. Probably 10 from that team start the final.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!