Recruitment?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Recruitment?

Post by josie andrews »

Other clubs are making news regarding the signing of players for next season & beyond.

Has our club made any extensions to contracts or any new signings yet? Has anyone heard anything at all 🤔🤔

There aren’t even any rumours for us!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big stick

Re: Recruitment?

Post by Big stick »

I hope the silence is reflecting the change in the club. I hope we are taking our time at looking at who is right for the club and who will strengthen the side. Not doing a Wire and trying to buy another FB when they have the options in bringing in youth to cover the role
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not worried yet no doubt the day will arrive soon where they'll want to show who they've signed it's a bit of a phony war at the moment with only Tom Johnstone being a confirmed move
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 am Other clubs are making news regarding the signing of players for next season & beyond.

Has our club made any extensions to contracts or any new signings yet? Has anyone heard anything at all 🤔🤔

There aren’t even any rumours for us!
I've not heard of any players signing extensions or any new players signing, I've only been told of interest in certain players & that Havard was close to a new long term deal & that Bibby to Huddersfield is all but done.

Last year I was told Powell had signed a new deal, but all that came out was he had an extension triggered in his current deal, so I'm not quite sure where that leaves him at the end of this season or if the new deal I was told about was agreed last season to be signed end of this season.

I know more about other clubs dealings than I do about Wigans so far this year :lol: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The club only has one focus at the moment, the Challenge Cup Final.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

It would be quite nice if we started signing players to improve the team rather than squad fillers who halt the progression of young players.
Just a thought.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mickw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 am It would be quite nice if we started signing players to improve the team rather than squad fillers who halt the progression of young players.
Just a thought.
Isa is a prime example of that.
Been a solid player but time to move on
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mickw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 am It would be quite nice if we started signing players to improve the team rather than squad fillers who halt the progression of young players.
Just a thought.
Our last 4 signings were Mago, Ellis, Thornley and Miski.

3 out of those 4 are in our 17 week in week out.

Prior to that we signed Field and Bibby who are in our 17 week in week out.

Whose progress are they halting?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

Our last signing was Cust wasn’t it?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:52 pm
Just a thought.
Our last 4 signings were Mago, Ellis, Thornley and Miski.

3 out of those 4 are in our 17 week in week out.

Prior to that we signed Field and Bibby who are in our 17 week in week out.

Whose progress are they halting?
Have any of those vastly improved the team?

Is Miski as good as Pat Richards?
Is Thornley as good as George Carmont?
Is Patrick Mago as good Craig Smith?
Is Thingy Ellis as good as Quentin Pongia?

Those are the type of standard of players we should be trying to sign