Wire and powell

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Wire and powell

Post by Firestarter »

3 losses to wakey and still in a job??? Tell you what its a good job hes not our coach coz he wudda been forced out by now…… very poor season regardless of how much time he so called has
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
buttmonkey2

Re: Wire and powell

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:37 pm 3 losses to wakey and still in a job??? Tell you what its a good job hes not our coach coz he wudda been forced out by now…… very poor season regardless of how much time he so called has
Yet we wouldn't sack Lam last season either. especially after that run of losses and nils in the scoreline to our name. Even when it was obvious he wasn't going to stay we plugged along with the abysmal performances and him in the hot seat

With wire signing (or about to) Mikaele, Dudson, Kasiano, Vaughan, Dufty and McGuire plus many more. Sacking Powell would leave the next coach with a heap load of players he would have probably not signed, it is obvious that wire are backing Powell in the transfer market, however that does not mean it will be successful

BTW Wigan have one of the lowest turnover of coaches in the last 20 years or so. Even less than the smellies. Why does everyone assume we are a sacking club when it comes to coaches?
Back by demand.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I get what you are saying but 3 losses to wakey is pretty abysmal…… too be fair to lam he was on his own…… no wane briers and lockers to help him……. Peet doing a great job though and the players look happier…… im not in the know but we seem a far happier team without hastings in it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'd imagine fans (Wigan or any others), believe we are a 'sacking club' from Maurice Lindsay's days!

As for Wire and Powell, I can't see him being dismissed, the departures and the recruitment, that will shape the 2023 squad will ultimately decide his fate I think.

Something isn't clicking clearly as the squad on paper is clearly top 4, that said, the same could be said about some Salford squads during Koukash's reign. Just goes to show, big spending doesn't always payoff!

The advantage for Powell is, Toulouse are not like a relegated London of 2019 and there is no million pound game/ Super 8's. Personally, I'm loving every defeat, next season, if anything, I expect consistency from them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I keep saying it the wore board seem to have given this season you don't back a lad the way they've done only to lose nerve a few.months into his reign,no I'd be amazed if he goes this season next year though he's on a hiding to nothing
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Still their year though😁
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:48 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:37 pm 3 losses to wakey and still in a job??? Tell you what its a good job hes not our coach coz he wudda been forced out by now…… very poor season regardless of how much time he so called has
Yet we wouldn't sack Lam last season either. especially after that run of losses and nils in the scoreline to our name. Even when it was obvious he wasn't going to stay we plugged along with the abysmal performances and him in the hot seat

With wire signing (or about to) Mikaele, Dudson, Kasiano, Vaughan, Dufty and McGuire plus many more. Sacking Powell would leave the next coach with a heap load of players he would have probably not signed, it is obvious that wire are backing Powell in the transfer market, however that does not mean it will be successful

BTW Wigan have one of the lowest turnover of coaches in the last 20 years or so. Even less than the smellies. Why does everyone assume we are a sacking club when it comes to coaches?
We ended up 4th even with Lam.
Wire are currently 9th.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:00 am
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:48 pm

We ended up 4th even with Lam.
Wire are currently 9th.
You're right they are 9th all that shows to me they're backing him big time they won't get relegated so he's all good in the hood.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Never a dull moment……Billy Magoulias released with immediate effect on “compassionate grounds”.
Call me cynical but I’d say it’s a reasonable guess that this decision was made for him and his replacement will have been lined up before they released him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61797406
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS