Your opinion on past players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Stanfax

Re: Your opinion on past players

Post by Stanfax »

Didn't Tallis later recall in amazement that the "Pommy" took all his best shots and then remarked that his wife hit him harder?
pedro

Post by pedro »

totally consistent, one of the best props we have had
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Stanfax wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 pm Didn't Tallis later recall in amazement that the "Pommy" took all his best shots and then remarked that his wife hit him harder?
Firstly the fact that you can punch has little bearing on how good a player you are. I can find plenty of people down the gym who can win a fight against any of the current players, but can't play rugby for toffee.

That said, it is unfair to accuse O'Connor of being anyone's "punch bag".

Tallis started off and therefore had an advantage. Terry took the shots and responded with interest.

Those are the facts.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:30 am
Stanfax wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 pm Didn't Tallis later recall in amazement that the "Pommy" took all his best shots and then remarked that his wife hit him harder?
Firstly the fact that you can punch has little bearing on how good a player you are. I can find plenty of people down the gym who can win a fight against any of the current players, but can't play rugby for toffee.

That said, it is unfair to accuse O'Connor of being anyone's "punch bag".

Tallis started off and therefore had an advantage. Terry took the shots and responded with interest.

Those are the facts.
C'mon guys, the comments are tongue in cheek.

For me, it just showed the class and humour of O'Connor - also facts.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I thought Henry Paul's drop-out from under the posts was into a serious wind which blew the ball back to around the 20 metre line. Henry then grabbed it and waltzed through some paper-thin tackling to score a try that I've never seen the like of.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:26 pm I thought Henry Paul's drop-out from under the posts was into a serious wind which blew the ball back to around the 20 metre line. Henry then grabbed it and waltzed through some paper-thin tackling to score a try that I've never seen the like of.
Sonny Nickle didn't have a clue what was going on, One of my favourite moments from a Wigan Saints derby
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:45 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:26 pm I thought Henry Paul's drop-out from under the posts was into a serious wind which blew the ball back to around the 20 metre line. Henry then grabbed it and waltzed through some paper-thin tackling to score a try that I've never seen the like of.
Sonny Nickle didn't have a clue what was going on, One of my favourite moments from a Wigan Saints derby
sonny nickle usually didnt have a clue after super Kel had smashed him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:24 pm
Yes Paul's try was sublime. Kel was tough. But Steve Breheny still terriffies me to this daY!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:24 pm
But Steve Breheny still terriffies me to this daY!
Your Teacher of Physics at Worksop College?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Can anyone tell me, did Neil Cowie receive a testimonial game for his long service? I don't recall.