Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wgwr1999

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by wgwr1999 »

Any thoughts about his family being in the stadium on Friday? Possibly for the media for his announcement?

I don't know how often they travel over here but that felt quite significant & would explain any logistical hold up.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:00 pm Any thoughts about his family being in the stadium on Friday? Possibly for the media for his announcement?

I don't know how often they travel over here but that felt quite significant & would explain any logistical hold up.
It’s the first time they’ve left home. Bevan comments on that in his interviews
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:05 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:00 pm Any thoughts about his family being in the stadium on Friday? Possibly for the media for his announcement?

For Hull... in the regular season... at home... on a Friday night.

That doesn't scream prime "fly across the world" time to me.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:05 am

Bloody hell!! 🤨

They didn’t just come for the Hull game!!!! They were here last week for the Magic game also!

So very sorry that you think coming to “fly across the world” to see family is not important!!!

For someone who has never left Australia before it doesn’t matter who or when we were playing!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:09 am

Bloody hell!! 🤨

They didn’t just come for the Hull game!!!! They were here last week for the Magic game also!

So very sorry that you think coming to “fly across the world” to see family is not important!!!

For someone who has never left Australia before it doesn’t matter who or when we were playing!!
I don't think he was being arsey Josie, I think he was making the point that maybe with them being over, it may have something to do with some sort of decision Bevan may be making in regards to his future
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 am

Bloody hell!! 🤨

I don't think he was being arsey Josie, I think he was making the point that maybe with them being over, it may have something to do with some sort of decision Bevan may be making in regards to his future
It very much sounded like it to me!
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:59 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 am

Bloody hell!! 🤨

It very much sounded like it to me!
Not a clue how THAT is what you got from my reply...

The point, as was obvious, was that I think they might have been here for more than just the Hull game i.e. media for the contract announcement.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Been told yesterday that Bevan didn't sign the contract the other week when I was told he was going too that day.... Interviews however have been filmed and everything is ready to go for when he signs. Wigan feel the deal is as good as done.

Cant comment further as I know nothing more regarding the situation. It seems to me like it was all done and dusted and another club from down under has shown interest. That's the only hold up I can imagine. Considering French himself said an announcement would be soon, that tells me he's made a decision.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:16 am Been told yesterday that Bevan didn't sign the contract the other week when I was told he was going too that day.... Interviews however have been filmed and everything is ready to go for when he signs. Wigan feel the deal is as good as done.

Cant comment further as I know nothing more regarding the situation. It seems to me like it was all done and dusted and another club from down under has shown interest. That's the only hold up I can imagine. Considering French himself said an announcement would be soon, that tells me he's made a decision.
The expected "wait for NRL interest before signing" theory is 100% reasonable especially in a season where there is a brand new team that needs players. I think every fan expects Bevan to be loyal to Wigan in the SL but are understandable about his desire to return home.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

French will not get the space he does in the NRL and would be a much less effective player over there (as he was in his first stint).

Horses for courses. He is suited to SL far more. Deep down he will know that.