Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:29 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:49 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 pm

He didn’t
He did
I wouldn't listen to a word they say, they said last night they don't know where Millar is going when its common knowledge he's off to Cas, they don't know Bibby and Partington are leaving either, so how do they know French is going other than going off the media speculation.
I'm getting to the view now they do know where players are going but can't say anything then making themselves look like chumps..I maybe wrong though
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:35 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 pm

He didn’t
He did
You’ve just said above “if the rumours are right” and now you’re agreeing with Bon the Builder who said it was fact?
I think there was a miscommunication there.

Nathan was saying he didn't to "...he said it as a fact."
Med was saying he did to "I don't think he did..."

You are both agreeing, unless I'm mistaken.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Can you close this thread and start a new one because you've all lost me
Back by demand.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:11 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:35 am
He did
You’ve just said above “if the rumours are right” and now you’re agreeing with Bon the Builder who said it was fact?
I think there was a miscommunication there.

Nathan was saying he didn't to "...he said it as a fact."
Med was saying he did to "I don't think he did..."

You are both agreeing, unless I'm mistaken.
correct
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I heard 3 weeks ago from a players agent that French had signed 4 weeks ago for Newcastle Knights
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:25 pm I heard 3 weeks ago from a players agent that French had signed 4 weeks ago for Newcastle Knights
You are usually spot on Derek.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

What I'm 100% sure of is if bevan had signed any contract for any club 4 weeks ago he would have come out and said so straight away he has no reason to not say so he is a genuine bloke who loves Wigan fans and would not keep them dangling in hope knowing he was not staying. The simple truth is he is still torn with family reasons. But I still say he stays.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I hope it not true but this is nothing new from the management we are always the last to know have they announced Partington or Bibby going or Tommy retiring or a few others No I suspect they dont want crowds to go down if the say he is leaving . I honestly would be devastated if he went but my info is from a past International player now an established agent for super league top players so has substance .
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:04 pm I hope it not true but this is nothing new from the management we are always the last to know have they announced Partington or Bibby going or Tommy retiring or a few others No I suspect they dont want crowds to go down if the say he is leaving . I honestly would be devastated if he went but my info is from a past International player now an established agent for super league top players so has substance .
Not for one minute doubting your source. You are constantly good with your player input. I do not believe tho that any contract as been signed. As for the 3 players you name above. There's nothing signed yet so nothing to report. As for Tommy I think he has only just dicided to retire with last injury and the imminent departure of briers. So don't see them as viable argument.
Kate83

Post by Kate83 »

Not posted on here before but been following this thread closely:

Personally I don't think Bevan has signed a contract with any club for 2023 yet. He obviously has the 2 offers - Wigan & Newcastle. In my opinion, if he was so hell-bent on returning to the NRL then he would have signed and announced the Newcastle deal when it was first presented to him. He is a nice, decent lad & is extremely grateful for how Wigan have treated him through his personal problems so wouldn't blatantly lie to them if he had no intention whatsoever of staying at Wigan.

Obviously there is the family situation & his closeness to them. It is pretty well-known by now that Wigan are actively pursuing a visa/work-permit for his 21-year old brother to move over here next season. Does anyone honestly think Bevan would allow Wigan to go through all that & put so much effort in if he was just going to sign for Newcastle anyway ? I actually think his final decision hinges on whether his brother is granted a visa etc. If it was to be rejected, then obviously I think he will go back home closer to his family.

It was only 2 weeks ago that Matt Peet said in his post-Toulouse press conference that the prospect of Bevan staying at Wigan remained 'very live'. And he is definitely another person who would not blatantly lie to the press & to the fans. Given how the club has reconnected with the community this season, they wouldn't undo it by saying something publicly that is completely untrue.

And it was only after the St.Helens game last week when Bevan was interviewed on Sky that he clearly said about the family situation that 'if things can be worked around that' then the contract situation could come to a conclusion - there is nothing to 'work around' if he was definitely going back home, his family are there where he would be.

Hopefully something can be sorted very soon - & hopefully in our favour !