This Evenings Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: This Evenings Match

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Can't see why anyone would question Mago (specifically on yesterday's performance)?

I thought he worked extremely hard and had superb impact! I'd be the first to suggest he isn't fully match fit, but he makes his presence felt generally and certainly did last night.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am Wasn't there so listened to Joe Mills & Bilko (Happy 50th Joe) and having seen the highlights, good to see how involved and impressive Joe Shorrocks was. Also, Singleton seems to be in very good nick. Farrell's and Field's tries were very, very good and a shame that Bibby jumped out of the line and gifted them their try.
You can only beat what's there and I guess Toulouse were just depressed by out first two tries and never really got going.
Their try came from a missed Powell tackle. He fell off a one on one, and instantly blamed Bibby.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:46 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:13 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 pm Excellent ball execution tonight!

Sam Powell impressed me with his kicking game. Field and French usual 5 🌟! Byrne, Mago and Havard worked extremely hard!

O'Neill looked good at making meters!
I agree with your comments but I thought O’Neill made some bad decisions. Powell’s distribution was far better.
You watch. different game to me. Powell’s distribution is poor and it was no better tonight. How many breaks did he make tonight? My guess would be zero. Against a very poor side.
Obviously I do. I never mentioned making breaks, I said distribution!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:24 am
Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am Wasn't there so listened to Joe Mills & Bilko (Happy 50th Joe) and having seen the highlights, good to see how involved and impressive Joe Shorrocks was. Also, Singleton seems to be in very good nick. Farrell's and Field's tries were very, very good and a shame that Bibby jumped out of the line and gifted them their try.
You can only beat what's there and I guess Toulouse were just depressed by out first two tries and never really got going.
Their try came from a missed Powell tackle. He fell off a one on one, and instantly blamed Bibby.
I feel really sorry for Bibby & I really don’t want him to leave 😢
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

It was both .He turned bibby inside out and missed him. He was really bibbys man.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It's ok though, He's a nice lad and trains really hard, he is bound to miss one tackle for every 47 tackles he makes :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:08 pm

It was both .He turned bibby inside out and missed him. He was really bibbys man.
This. Rather more Bibby's fault than Powell's, if you really need to allocate blame.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I thought I'd better check again to see if I'd got it wrong and what the Sky Sports highlights show is Shorrocks and Powell combine (with a bit of help from Harry Smith) to bring a Toulouse player down. Player gets up - passes to his right - Bibby comes out of the line - misses Toulouse player and Powell's only involvement is to fail to stop the Toulouse player crashing over the line. which even I couldn't say was Powell missing a tackle.

Forget to say that every time French chimed into the line, Toulouse couldn't cope.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Both Bibby and Powell were at fault. We see lots of players make the tackle Powell fell off. And bear in mind that his defence is supposedly one of his strengths.

That said, I thought it was a typical Peetball performance. Props behaving like props and moving the ball at every opportunity.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:39 pm Both Bibby and Powell were at fault. We see lots of players make the tackle Powell fell off. And bear in mind that his defence is supposedly one of his strengths.

That said, I thought it was a typical Peetball performance. Props behaving like props and moving the ball at every opportunity.
For peet’s sake not another not another compounded word made up word!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan