Wigan squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by First Try Tickle »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:03 pm Anyone know if we picked up any injuries or dodgy reports today couldn’t get to the game working
There was just one involving Havard where he was penalized for lifting.

I didn't think there was anything in it, but it was penalized so they will look at it.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Another good attacking performance.
It’s just abit of a worry how many points we are leaking
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:21 pm
Suzieb wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:03 pm Anyone know if we picked up any injuries or dodgy reports today couldn’t get to the game working
There was just one involving Havard where he was penalized for lifting.

I didn't think there was anything in it, but it was penalized so they will look at it.
Partington had a high shot which could be looked at.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:02 pm Another good attacking performance.
I've only seen highlights but it looks like sometimes we just switch off when we go ahead
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:42 am
I've only seen highlights but it looks like sometimes we just switch off when we go ahead
We played well within ourselves yesterday and only put our foot on the gas when needed. We have a big game on Saturday.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 am
We played well within ourselves yesterday and only put our foot on the gas when needed. We have a big game on Saturday.
You can't just decided when or not to actually try though? As professional sports men surely you are and need to be as close to 100% as possible all the time? If you half arse going into a tackle playing this game, you're more likely to injure yourself than if you go in at 100%
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:05 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 am

You can't just decided when or not to actually try though? As professional sports men surely you are and need to be as close to 100% as possible all the time? If you half arse going into a tackle playing this game, you're more likely to injure yourself than if you go in at 100%
I don’t disagree but we never got out of second gear yesterday. The team will ramp it up this weekend.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It was a grand day out. Lovely weather and a good attacking performance. Defense will need to improve, but the intensity was way down in this match after first 10 mins, so I think that will happen next week.

Terrible view at Wakefield being so low and at the side though. I'll have to watch highlights to see how we actually got through for several of the tries. Should have been 50 because field and french had a perfectly food try rules out for a "ghost" forward pass. Not sure what the refs were looking at because if that was forward then everything is forward...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah that view at Wakey; it's great if they happen to score a try right in front of you, but anywhere else on the field...