Strongest Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Strongest Squad

Post by Wintergreen »

pedro wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:57 pm Field
French
Thornley
Bibby
Marshall
Cust
Smith
Ellis
Powell
Havard
Farrell
Bateman
Smithies

Mago
Byrne
Singleton
Isa
This with Singleton and Havard swapping.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Some interesting decisions for Matty Peet next week: If Cust is fit again do we play him at 6 or leave Jai there and put Cade or Tommy on the bench? I don't see how we can drop Smith after his recent performances even though Tommy and Cade were picked ahead of him before the semi-final. Lots of options but I'd like to see us take a risk and play Harry and Jai with Tommy on the bench just to see how Jai copes at 6 against a top side. I'm sure there will be lots of alternative views.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

If Bibby is going next year I hope we are balancing the last games between him and Halsall. Really think the lad could take over the centre position for the next couple of years.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:57 pm Some interesting decisions for Matty Peet next week: If Cust is fit again do we play him at 6 or leave Jai there and put Cade or Tommy on the bench? I don't see how we can drop Smith after his recent performances even though Tommy and Cade were picked ahead of him before the semi-final. Lots of options but I'd like to see us take a risk and play Harry and Jai with Tommy on the bench just to see how Jai copes at 6 against a top side. I'm sure there will be lots of alternative views.
Cade told me today he will play at Magic 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Tommy is out Thornley is out though at a guess KPP may get the nod at right centre.
Strongest team taking in Harry Smiths goal kicking.
Jai
Bev
KPP
Bibby
Marshy
Cust
Smith
Byrne
Powell
Singo
Batty
Faz
Smithies
Havard
Ellis
Mago
Tommy
Magic take Tommy out replace with Isa or Shorrocks.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:48 pm It’s a question that’s ticked through my mind a few times. We’ve not been lucky enough to have every single player available at any point yet but it might not be far off if everyone stays healthy.

The big questions in my mind would be who is at right centre? Who is in the halves? And then how is the bench made up. If we had a big semi final/final tomorrow and every player was available, I think I’d go-

Field
French KPP Bibby Marshall
Leuluai Smith
Singleton Powell Ellis
Bateman Farrell Smithies

Subs
Byrne Havard Mago Cust

Tough call on Thornley but I just think KPP could produce big moments in a big game, with an offload or getting other the top of his opposite number. The halfback choice is really tough. It feels like Smith has cemented one spot and when I think back to how Tommy settled us down in the CC final, I’d like him on the field for the full game and Cust can add good impact, either from 6 or 9. The last call I had a struggle with was Mago or Partington. He’s so laid back Mago and couldn’t be any more different times how Partington plays but Mago, a bit like I said with KPP, might just have that big moment in him that can crack a big game open.
Top post. Agree 100% with team and the reasoning behind it.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:35 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:48 pm It’s a question that’s ticked through my mind a few times. We’ve not been lucky enough to have every single player available at any point yet but it might not be far off if everyone stays healthy.

The big questions in my mind would be who is at right centre? Who is in the halves? And then how is the bench made up. If we had a big semi final/final tomorrow and every player was available, I think I’d go-

Field
Leuluai Smith
Singleton Powell Ellis
Bateman Farrell Smithies

Subs
Byrne Havard Mago Cust

Tough call on Thornley but I just think KPP could produce big moments in a big game, with an offload or getting other the top of his opposite number. The halfback choice is really tough. It feels like Smith has cemented one spot and when I think back to how Tommy settled us down in the CC final, I’d like him on the field for the full game and Cust can add good impact, either from 6 or 9. The last call I had a struggle with was Mago or Partington. He’s so laid back Mago and couldn’t be any more different times how Partington plays but Mago, a bit like I said with KPP, might just have that big moment in him that can crack a big game open.
Tommy out for a few weeks according to Matt on Wigan tv calf injury .
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:59 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:35 pm

Field
Leuluai Smith
Singleton Powell Ellis
Bateman Farrell Smithies

Subs
Byrne Havard Mago Cust

Tommy out for a few weeks according to Matt on Wigan tv calf injury .
It really is time to call it a day Tommy
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

Is it only me that much prefers Bevan at fullback to Field? I feel like French offers much more all round and Jai is very comfortable in the halves atm. I wouldn’t be in a rush to bring cust back personally
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:37 pm Tommy is out Thornley is out though at a guess KPP may get the nod at right centre.
Strongest team taking in Harry Smiths goal kicking.
Jai
Bev
KPP
Bibby
Marshy
Cust
Smith
Byrne
Powell
Singo
Batty
Faz
Smithies
Havard
Ellis
Mago
Tommy
Magic take Tommy out replace with Isa or Shorrocks.
Why change him from left centre when that’s where he’s been playing? Jake Bibby is better at right & his preferred position.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan