Wigan Warriors Brad Singleton one of eight players banned after Magic Weekend

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors Brad Singleton one of eight players banned after Magic Weekend

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors prop Brad Singleton has been handed a three-match ban for the high tackle which saw him dismissed against St Helens at Magic Weekend.

Singleton was shown the red card for a shoulder to the head of Saints’ Curtis Sironen in the second half of a match Wigan went on to lose.

He has been issued with a three-match ban by the match review panel for what was judged a Grade C high tackle, so will miss the Warriors’ upcoming games against Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos and Hull KR.

In total, eight players have been given suspensions following the Magic round at Newcastle’s St James’ Park.

There are two-match bans for four props – Leeds Rhinos’ Matt Prior, Castleford Tigers’ Liam Watts, Wakefield Trinity’s Rob Butler and Salford Red Devils’ Sitaleki Akauola.

Prior has been punished for a Grade B late hit on kicker and Watts for a Grade B high tackle in the match between the pair’s teams, which Leeds won.

Butler’s ban is for a Grade C dangerous throw, for the incident that saw him sent to the bin in the second half of Wakefield’s defeat to Toulouse Olympique.

Meanwhile, Akauola will miss Salford’s next two fixtures following a Grade B intentional trip in defeat to Huddersfield Giants.

The match review panel have also given out one-match bans to three players, including two following the Hull derby.

Hull FC’s Connor Wynne has been suspended for a Grade B late hit on passer, while Hull KR’s Dean Hadley is punished for a Grade B late hit on kicker.

St Helens’ Sione Mata’utia has also been banned for one game following a Grade A late hit on passer in the win over Wigan.

The panel charged Hull FC’s Brad Fash with Grade A dangerous contact for the tackled that saw him sin binned, but he has avoided a ban.

Warrington Wolves’ George Williams and Salford’s Brodie Croft have also avoided suspensions despite Grade A late hit on passer charges.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... c-weekend/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors Brad Singleton one of eight players banned after Magic Weekend

Post by josie andrews »

Butler’s ban is for a Grade C dangerous throw, for the incident that saw him sent to the bin in the second half of Wakefield’s defeat to Toulouse Olympique.

Singleton has been issued with a three-match ban by the match review panel for what was judged a Grade C high tackle, he was sent off with a red card so will miss the Warriors’ upcoming games against Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos and Hull KR.

So, please tell me why one incident is only sent to the bin during the game & with a subsequent 2 match ban for a Grade C dangerous throw?

Singleton was given a red card, missed 15-20 minutes of the game, but then given a 3 match ban for a Grade C high tackle.

Why was the red card not counted in with the ban?

Convenient that Wigan will miss the Leeds game & the two Hull games!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors Brad Singleton one of eight players banned after Magic Weekend

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Watts, Matt Prior and Sitaleki Akauola will also miss two games for indiscretions from the Magic Weekend, with Sione Mata’utia once more sitting out for Saints after being charged with a late hit on the passer.

However, after contacting the RFL, Serious About Rugby League understands that Sione Mata’utia, Dean Hadley and Matt Prior will all be appealing their bans at a hearing tonight.
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/breaking ... res-55928/

I just wonder who will get off???
Suzieb

Disciplinary

Post by Suzieb »

C another saints player won his appeal what a joke
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And anyone want to guess who got off?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Correct decision in my view but what a waste of space the panel are.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:18 pm Correct decision in my view but what a waste of space the panel are.
Nothing in it. Wish they’d actually pay more attention to the on field stuff tho like welsby being about 5 yards offside
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Not sure that offsides are the job of the disciplinary committee!

I think Matty Peet showed real class in acknowledging that his own players (ie Faz) were part of the problem of gaming the system with head injuries. Just as John Monie never got involved in blaming the ref.

I like Singo, but he got what he deserved. And the committee don't give 3 match bans for "summat and nowt". Maybe some Wigan fans could learn a bit from their coaches, past and present?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:53 pm Not sure that offsides are the job of the disciplinary committee!

I think Matty Peet showed real class in acknowledging that his own players (ie Faz) were part of the problem of gaming the system with head injuries. Just as John Monie never got involved in blaming the ref.

I like Singo, but he got what he deserved. And the committee don't give 3 match bans for "summat and nowt". Maybe some Wigan fans could learn a bit from their coaches, past and present?
Been saying it since the weekend mate it's so refreshing to have a coach who is as honest with his own team,shame others can't take a leaf out of Peets book.

Finally watched it back and frankly while I was more than a little annoyed at the time the red was the right call but other times he would be binned for the same tackle in other games but open to interpretation I suppose.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A lack of consistency is the problem and it showed with three games over two days at the same venue.
Peet's remarks were good for the club and PR but bears little to the main problem the game has in incidents like Singleton's and the general going down holding one's head knowing once that happens the Doctor will enter the field and the game stops.
I think the 2 mins green card was to help with this but it seems to have little impact thus far if indeed that's what it was intended with it.