Wigan squad for Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad named for Friday’s Betfred Super League game against Hull FC.

Head Coach Matt Peet has named his squad as the Warriors prepare for Round 19.

Wigan Warriors v Hull FC, Friday 15th July, 8pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-player Wigan Warriors squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League game against Hull FC.

Wigan prepare to welcome Hull FC to the DW Stadium as they look to bounce back following a disappointing late defeat at Magic Weekend last Saturday.

Team News

Peet has made two changes to the squad as Brad Singleton drops out following a three-match suspension from the game against St Helens at Magic Weekend, John Bateman also drops out through injury. Sam Halsall and Junior Nsemba come in to the 21.

Wigan squad to face Hull FC:

1 Bevan French
2 Jake Bibby
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
9 Sam Powell
10 Patrick Mago
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
14 Morgan Smithies
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Harry Smith
17 Oliver Partington
19 Ethan Havard
20 Liam Byrne
21 Kai Pearce-Paul
22 Joe Shorrocks
23 Jai Field
24 Abbas Miski
25 Sam Halsall
28 Brad O’Neill
32 Junior Nsemba

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/07/ ... hull-fc-3/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by southportcdm »

It will be interesting to see if the coach decides to play KPP in his preferred position or put him at centre and move Isa to replace Batty. If they'd all been fit I think Bibby may have been in danger of being dropped so we could try KPP at centre on his side. I'd like to see Halsall get a game but can't see it happening.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC Squad

4 Josh Griffin,
5 Darnell McIntosh,
7 Luke Gale,
9 Danny Houghton,
10 Tevita Satae,
13 Jordan Lane,
14 Joe Lovodua,
17 Brad Fash,
20 Jack Brown,
25 Mitieli Vulikijapani,
27 Jacob Hookem,
28 Aidan Burrell,
29 Jamie Shaul,
30 Scott Taylor,
31 Charlie Severs,
24 Davy Litten,
35 Matty Laidlaw,
36 Jack Walker,
37 Josh Simm,
38 Ellis Longstaff,
39 Lewis Martin.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:45 pm It will be interesting to see if the coach decides to play KPP in his preferred position or put him at centre and move Isa to replace Batty. If they'd all been fit I think Bibby may have been in danger of being dropped so we could try KPP at centre on his side. I'd like to see Halsall get a game but can't see it happening.
Likewise for me. Would like it if KPP was 2nd row and Halsall & Isa at centre…
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Peet previews Hull FC

Matt Peet previews this Friday’s Betfred Super League fixture against Hull FC.

Peet: “We have to prepare for the best of them and the best of them is quite formidable.”

Wigan Warriors v Hull FC, Friday 15th July, 8pm K.O.

Matt Peet gave his pre-match thoughts as Wigan prepare to take on Hull FC at the DW Stadium on Friday evening.

Reflecting on the loss to St Helens at Magic Weekend, Peet said: “Firstly I thought it was a great game, a great contest and exactly what Super League should be about. I thought Saints edged it, the scoreboard was a true reflection of the game and I think if we had have got away with it and got the win, it would’ve been brilliant and we would have loved it, but I can see why we didn’t.”

Looking ahead to Friday’s game, he said: “We just prepare for the best of Hull and we know, if you are to look when they’ve played us there’s been a one-point swing and a loss, so the class is there for everyone to see.

“I think that’s why at the beginning of the season everyone looked at that squad and said it is a squad that you can see playing in finals. They’ve been unfortunate with some injuries and suspensions but they also have a very good Academy system so we have to prepare for the best of them and the best of them is quite formidable.”

He added: “It’s going to be intense. With the nature of the athletes they have and the spine that they’ve got, they’re going to manage the game well. They have strong ball carriers, hit hard and run hard so I think it’ll be as intense as the other two.”

Peet also confirmed that John Bateman faces a spell on the sidelines after picking up a broken rib early on in the game against St Helens: “John Bateman broke a rib so he’s probably going to be out for around a month. He did it really early in the game actually, credit to him he played tough but he was in discomfort throughout.”

Hear more from Matt Peet HERE as he spoke to Wigan TV on Wednesday afternoon. The full injury update from the Head Coach is available to read HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/07/ ... hull-fc-3/
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Field
French
Bibby
Halsall
Marshall

Cust
Smith

Havard
Powell
Byrne
KPP
Farrell
Smithies

Mago,Ellis,Partington,Shorrocks
bertina

Post by bertina »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:22 pm Field
French
Bibby
Halsall
Marshall

Cust
Smith

Havard
Powell
Byrne
KPP
Farrell
Smithies

Mago,Ellis,Partington,Shorrocks
I’d go with that selection except maybe swop Havard and Ellis around.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’ll go with the team Peet picks.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Would be good to see Nsemba have a run out, unlikely though.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Anyone know if you can pay on the gate, thanks