Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:45 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:19 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Well he should be easy to approach, his girlfriends dad is one of the Wigan scouts. :D
He has been approached, at least three times.
It was never going to happen for my money he wants to try and stay down under big money,weather etc few games too I'm not sure why Wigan went after him if indeed they did so many injuries and more worryingly concussion problems have blighted his time down under,nah not a player I'd be going after if it was my money paying for him.
Rads spoke with him again at the NRL Magic Weekend.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Do you have any inkling on wether Thompson was susceptible to the deal?
Charriots Offiah

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:18 pm Do you have any inkling on wether Thompson was susceptible to the deal?
Unfortunately not, I am still trying to find out who Rads recruited on his trip.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:48 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:18 pm Do you have any inkling on wether Thompson was susceptible to the deal?
Unfortunately not, I am still trying to find out who Rads recruited on his trip.
What makes you think he recruited anyone?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:00 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:48 pm
What makes you think he recruited anyone?
Information I have received from several people.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:15 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:45 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:19 pm

He has been approached, at least three times.
It was never going to happen for my money he wants to try and stay down under big money,weather etc few games too I'm not sure why Wigan went after him if indeed they did so many injuries and more worryingly concussion problems have blighted his time down under,nah not a player I'd be going after if it was my money paying for him.
Rads spoke with him again at the NRL Magic Weekend.
I’ve no doubt he did,still doesn’t mean he was ever thinking about joining the club,if anything comes of this it shows perhaps he isn’t motivated by money still I don’t think given his injury record he was worth a punt on.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Luke Thompson presented potential NRL lifeline as Super League return becomes less likely

The England international is off-contract at the end of the season and will leave Canterbury Bulldogs.

Luke Thompson could be set to receive a new NRL opportunity with St George Illawarra Dragons. The England prop has been the subject of much speculation amid an uncertain future as his contract with Canterbury Bulldogs draws to an end.

The Bulldogs will not retain Thompson after a frustrating three seasons in which he has only played 39 games due to injury. Thompson is one of the highest earners in the sport which has only added more challenges in securing his future and to make matters worse, he has not played this year due to a freak foot injury.

But according to the Daily Telegraph, Thompson has held face-to-face conversations with incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan about a potential move next year. The report claims Flanagan has made the former St Helens star his first transfer target in an attempt to reinforce his pace for next year.

The developments will disappoint, but not surprise, his Super League suitors that have been following developments closely. Wigan Warriors are known to have shown interest but there has always been an acceptance that an extended stay down under was the most likely outcome. Thompson's preference is to remain in Australia and to continue playing in the NRL.

The 28-year-old was widely regarded as one of the world's best props when he left the Saints for Canterbury but injuries have prevented him from truly displaying that. However, there is now a possibility that he will be afforded another opportunity moving forward. St George have had a terrible season and are at threat of landing the wooden spoon. They are currently sixteenth in the league, level on points with basement side Wests Tigers.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:21 am Luke Thompson presented potential NRL lifeline as Super League return becomes less likely

The England international is off-contract at the end of the season and will leave Canterbury Bulldogs.

Luke Thompson could be set to receive a new NRL opportunity with St George Illawarra Dragons. The England prop has been the subject of much speculation amid an uncertain future as his contract with Canterbury Bulldogs draws to an end.

The Bulldogs will not retain Thompson after a frustrating three seasons in which he has only played 39 games due to injury. Thompson is one of the highest earners in the sport which has only added more challenges in securing his future and to make matters worse, he has not played this year due to a freak foot injury.

But according to the Daily Telegraph, Thompson has held face-to-face conversations with incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan about a potential move next year. The report claims Flanagan has made the former St Helens star his first transfer target in an attempt to reinforce his pace for next year.

The developments will disappoint, but not surprise, his Super League suitors that have been following developments closely. Wigan Warriors are known to have shown interest but there has always been an acceptance that an extended stay down under was the most likely outcome. Thompson's preference is to remain in Australia and to continue playing in the NRL.

The 28-year-old was widely regarded as one of the world's best props when he left the Saints for Canterbury but injuries have prevented him from truly displaying that. However, there is now a possibility that he will be afforded another opportunity moving forward. St George have had a terrible season and are at threat of landing the wooden spoon. They are currently sixteenth in the league, level on points with basement side Wests Tigers.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
GOOD !!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He has been injured for a year and had some serious head injuries 1 more and he never play again . He has been battered in the NRL and to offer massive money on a 4 yr deal is folly , too big a risk and if Wigan have so much money there are a lot of forwards just as good to be tempted .
pedro

Post by pedro »

keep well away, be more of a risk than burgess...