James McDonnell off to Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_ITK

James Mcdonnell

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Has joined Leeds with immediate effect.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... n-24554092
Dreamteam

Re: James Mcdonnell

Post by Dreamteam »

How embarrassing is that article. The Yorkshire press are on this one. No mention of him being off contract and the fact we haven’t offered him a new one.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He will be joining "an already impressive department" Jesus wept what garbage that article is
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:02 pm He will be joining "an already impressive department" Jesus wept what garbage that article is
Quite embarrassing really. He’s our 6-7 th choice second row. Making it sound like Leeds have nicked him off us like with Nicholson. He’s also 22 as well. Not 18
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Shame to see the lad go thought he had bags of potential. With Nicholson also leaving have we got a bit of a gap behind Faz and Batty? Especially if KPP goes to the NRL next year as it’s rumoured he potentially may do…
Graham1

James McDonnell off to Leeds

Post by Graham1 »

Looks like we’ve lost another highly rated back rower. Should not have resigned Isa and given a contract to either him or Nicholson. Hope Halsall isn’t the next one. KR needs to stop the drain.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

KPP can go to the NEL tomorrow for me cos he is nowhere near ready for super league never mind the NRL
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

up the junction wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:22 pm KPP can go to the NEL tomorrow for me cos he is nowhere near ready for super league never mind the NRL
I think ide play him centre until he can mix it in the SR
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd reluctantly agree. He still offers more than Bibby, and is defensively better anyway at centre.
lucky 13

Re: James McDonnell off to Leeds

Post by lucky 13 »

Decent player but not sure how he gets in the side or squad with Batty Faz KPP Smithies all in front of him for second row you could let Shorrocks go who's next in line as cover? Ellis Havard and now Cooper can fill the 13 shirt if needed and for me that's all the cover we should run with. While I'm hoping to see a 9 with flair at some point I can live with Powell and O'Neil.
The position we need to upgrade massively is centre if I was being brutal you could lose 5 players from our squad and replace them with two good centers with Halsall as back up ... If desperate we know Batty KPP could also cover.
For a second rower to come into our squad he would need to be exceptionally better than Faz Batty Smithies or KPP and I just don't see that with James at this point.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!