Moderating this site

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Moderating this site

Post by josie andrews »

I’m sick of reading the snide comments about locking threads moving posts!

If you want me to leave all the shite that’s posted as new threads everywhere let all the back biting, name calling & generally argumentative crap I can easily let you all get on with it!

And it’s not always me who locks threads or topics.

See MIKE if you’re unhappy!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Moderating this site

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I must admit their has been a particularly nasty element to this site over the last week or so.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I think the MODS do things with best intentions. I do think moving or changing wordings in general is not needed as it is no great hardship reading similar threads. To be honest it can be helpful.
In the grand scheme of things I would humbly ask the MODS to leave things alone regarding merging threats, like I said what does it matter and at the end of the day it is tommorows chip paper.

If threats get nasty then that's a different story.
Let's finish on a positive.
Nearly everyone comments and disagrees and agrees in a polite way.
Thank you to the MODS

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I only said lock it as I noticed there was already another thread running
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Anyone want to volunteer to be a mod? There's basically only josie doing this at the moment.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surely everything resolves around common sense, check to see if post's exist before creating new ones, use references where appropriate and express opinions wisely?

For me, the biggest issues are personality clashes (yes on a forum :lol: ).
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:49 pm Surely everything resolves around common sense, check to see if post's exist before creating new ones, use references where appropriate and express opinions wisely?

For me, the biggest issues are personality clashes (yes on a forum :lol: ).
I know and i just dont get it…… im very opinionated but i respect others opinions even if i know they are wrong
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What Wigan Watcher said.

I don't see te point of moving /merging threads too much. But, on the other hand, Mike's site, Mike's rules. The site is there, free of charge for the benefit of all of us. It seems churlish to bleat about small things that we'd like done slightly differently.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:13 am I’m sick of reading the snide comments about locking threads moving posts!

If you want me to leave all the shite that’s posted as new threads everywhere let all the back biting, name calling & generally argumentative crap I can easily let you all get on with it!

And it’s not always me who locks threads or topics.

See MIKE if you’re unhappy!
Josie, you are doing a terrific job and long may it continue. Whilst I am in favour of banter, I believe that making personal comments should be banned.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

You don't need to agree, read and then comment if someone is really annoying. Although it's hard sometimes .... if I do slip up I'm not meaning to cause offence. Some are just on a wind up I'm sure. The whole point is to read agree and disagree I read most days and occasionally rumble on like most.
Think Josie does a good job.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!