Manly pride shirt

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
kitt green warriors

Manly pride shirt

Post by kitt green warriors »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.co ... 5b4fy.html

So Manly launched a gay pride short and seven players are refusing to play in it on religious grounds, even though they are sponsored by a betting company and the ground is sponsored by a brewing company!

Update
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.ne ... /101269018

Update
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxspo ... 8bd056974d

Update
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nine.c ... f2ea042a00

It's crazy this!.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
kitt green warriors

Re: Manly pride shirt

I forgot this pearler, a commentator over here said this,

"If I'm into BDSM does it mean Manly will play in leather shirts and chaps".

I know some will take this serious but I nearly fell off the chair laughing at that comment!.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I liked James Grahams summary

Let's just say that they wore the jersey I don't think that affects your religious beliefs and let's Fast forward hopefully a fair few more years and the player dies get to heaven meet God and hes says
“how do you think you went?”
“well I helped out in the community went to church did a lot for the community did the cross every time I went onto the field did the cross every time I scored a try and attributed everything that was positive in my life to you God thing I think i did really well”
“like yeah agree, agree on all that I'm just one quick thing round 20, 2022 for manly wore those rainbow colours on your Jersey........ no you're not coming in see you"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:28 pm I liked James Grahams summary

Let's just say that they wore the jersey I don't think that affects your religious beliefs and let's Fast forward hopefully a fair few more years and the player dies get to heaven meet God and hes says
“how do you think you went?”
“well I helped out in the community went to church did a lot for the community did the cross every time I went onto the field did the cross every time I scored a try and attributed everything that was positive in my life to you God thing I think i did really well”
“like yeah agree, agree on all that I'm just one quick thing round 20, 2022 for manly wore those rainbow colours on your Jersey........ no you're not coming in see you"
[/

Virtue signalling by Manly. Is it not enough that a club supports minority groups by having a women’s team; wheelchair team etc.?
Are we no longer allowed to have an opinion contrary to the current narrative?
These players are not wishing harm on anyone and I for one applaud them for their stance.
Too often these days people buckle under the pressure of highly vociferous and intolerant minority groups.
Live and let live, but we don’t all need to share the same views.
Be kind to one another irrespective of colour, creed, sexuality etc.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It’s a rainbow on a shirt In 1 round of rugby

The narrative is that everyone should be free to love whoever they want without persecution

If you disagree with that you’re a knob and I make no apology for that stance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:32 pm It’s a rainbow on a shirt In 1 round of rugby

The narrative is that everyone should be free to love whoever they want without persecution

Agreed.

Absolute disgrace.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Poor judgment by the club not to consult their players.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Freedom of speech, freedom of choice, where did it disappear to?
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

us
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:32 pm It’s a rainbow on a shirt In 1 round of rugby

This is why free speech and freedom of choice is disappearing.
kitt green warriors

The Manly boys obviously have very strong opinions not unlike yourself Wigan forever 1985 just because you don't agree with their stance doesn't make them "A knob", in my personal opinion they have been ostricized because they don't believe in the same ideals as a group who are all about inclusiveness, maybe some groups of people need to take a look in the mirror!. Everybody is entitled to free speech, everybody, not just when the cap fits!.